Need A Quick Favor From A Gen 1 Owner..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Would someone with a Gen 1 measure your front fairing like this..
FairingMeasurement7-3-2011001.jpg

And tell me what your coming up with. Mine is showing 16" even. Had to hold the tape on the metric side for the picture, to work the camera with my right hand.
Something else I'm checking to try and figure out what's up with my fit-up problem that I've been ranting about in the other post.
Thanks in advance.. Tom

Sir, I am getting right around the 16mm also. Are you sure that the orings / rubber rings are in the faring stay + the pins on the nose are in them? I have missed the holes and bolted it up and later found out that was a cause of noise from vibration...just a problem that I came across

Thank you for the measurement.:thumbsup:
I'm going to pull the nose plastic back off in the morning and double check everything. Something just ain't adding up with this deal, could very well be I didn't get one of the alignment pins in the grommet right or something along that line.
Thanks again for the help.. Tom

Sir, I am getting right around the 16mm also. Are you sure that the orings / rubber rings are in the faring stay + the pins on the nose are in them? I have missed the holes and bolted it up and later found out that was a cause of noise from vibration...just a problem that I came across

Wife says mine is 16". Of course, she's lied before lol JK. Anyway, How did you get 16mm???

Back