Gen 1 vs Gen 2 a Gen 1 owners tale

My Gen 1, Yoshi full system, power commander K&N, my mates stock Busa, across France and down to Barcelona, in the real world not much difference in performance.
We swapped bikes on several occasions, I had on the stock Busa 197ish mph indicated, he passed me on mine only at that point and went on to record an indicated 205 mph, I was amazed how long it took the modded Busa to pass the standard Busa, just goes to show how good they are out of the box.

My Gen 2 Busa has not been on the Mainland yet, however instinct experience and a couple of situations she's landed me in, is telling me, this Baby's a Bullet.

Best regards Stretch
PS before I am lambasted, please be aware I am typing with a heavy hangover, so any sh!t I am talking, will sort out with ya later :laugh:

Some of the people who haven't ridden the gen 2 don't get it. They base their opinions on the specs, and that doesn't tell the story.

The fact is, the gen I dropped a bomb on the bike world in 99 by it clobbering the blackbird, and it was hailed as a motorcycle god. There is as much difference between the gen 1 and 2 busas as there was between the gen I and the blackbird, yet the gen ii is referred to as a disappointment and a gen 1.5.

Being lucky enough to have put a lot of miles on both of them, I'll say that if I were in the market for a busa today, I would not even be interested in a gen I, no matter how good the deal was.

Gosh dang good to see you Daniel, how are you brother?

I will hold out for a 3rd Gen I think.I love my 05.Just dont like the gen 2 ass end but like the performance.

So, Trey let you ride his bike, huh :)

How's it coming with that grabbar?

Took a couple of years for the Gen II's tail to grow on me(figuratively speaking of course:laugh:)after having Gen I's for 9 years(an '02 and an '03,just popped for a 2011),now i actually like the look of the II's better(an neither of the '02/'03 transmissions shifted nearly anywhere as smoothly as this 2011's,the entire bike seems much more refined).:thumbsup:

So, Trey let you ride his bike, huh :)

How's it coming with that grabbar?

Yeah he let me ride it, however keep in mind I did not get after his hard until he passed me on mine. I took that as the sign to go lol.
Your grabbar is safely hanging in the garage awaiting another ride with its owner. Have not forgotten about you and ready to ride again anytime :)
Bike will be paid off early next year so that means I will try to do some track days next year, I'll need your help getting the bike track ready.

Yeah he let me ride it, however keep in mind I did not get after his hard until he passed me on mine. I took that as the sign to go lol.
Your grabbar is safely hanging in the garage awaiting another ride with its owner. Have not forgotten about you and ready to ride again anytime :)
Bike will be paid off early next year so that means I will try to do some track days next year, I'll need your help getting the bike track ready.

Cool. Team Gixxer will enjoy having you come along next year for your first trackday!

You sure that Gen 2 didn't have a hidden turbo on it? I've had two Gen1's myself but have put some miles on a friend's Gen2 and the difference really isn't that great. In fact, we were out one day and he wanted to do a 6th gear roll-on on the highway from ~100kph. My Gen1 pulled away (slowly) and stayed in front until I rolled off. Granted, I weighed (at the time) about 50lbs less than he did... :whistle:

Regardless, that was his 10,000km 2008 with a full 4-into-1 Yosh race system on it vs. my old 64,000km 2001 with Yosh slip-ons, K&N filter and a TRE. His should have been quicker than mine but it just wasn't. YMMV.

6th gear roll on from 100KPH is 62 MPH...... Really?? We usually do roll ons in 3rd at 70 MPH. I wouldnt think this a great idea to go WOT at such a low RPM

Back