New Tires

cep1932

Registered
I want to put some new tires on my busa, I have factory tires now what is recomended, I dont ride real hard.

Thanks Jerry

Jerry,
Because this topic is discussed regularly/repeatedly, a subforum for TIRES has been made. I think you should be able to get some ideas here: Tires

I want to put some new tires on my busa, I have factory tires now what is recomended, I dont ride real hard.

Thanks Jerry

The Dunlop Road Smart and Bridgestone 023 are good all rounders . I am always pro for Bridgestone tires but Dunlop started making tires again with the Road Smart. No funny business with the front and dual compounds on that one. The rear is dual but it works.

Like oil.

Bridgestone010-2-400.jpg

Dsc04857.jpg

Bridgestone010-2-400.jpg

Dsc04857.jpg

You will get no less than 100 different answers in this thread. :laugh:

For starters, what kind of riding do you do? Peg scraping canyon riding? City riding? Touring with the occasional twisties? Do you push them to 70,80,90,100 percent when you ride? Do you ride a lot in the rain?

You stated you would be riding easy. You might want to check out Continental. They have some touring tires that make around 20K miles, and they don't cost much. I think they still sell them.

The michelin pilot road 2s are on a big time sale on motorcycle superstore.com right now and are one of the best all around tires you can get in my opinion!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The Dunlop Q2 is an amazing tire, I put one through the ringer all day today at the track on my liter bike and once again I was impressed. If performance riding is your thing then look no further. If a Q2 doesn't have enough grip for you, your either doing something wrong or a very fast rider. I'll continue to run the Q2 on the busa as long as I'm running them at the track because while riding at the track I'll wear sides worn out well before the center. However the next set of tires that aren't hand me downs I'll be going with a Q2 front and a Roadsmart rear or mabye a Bridgestone BT16 front with a BT23 rear. I've heard alot of positive feed back running hypersport fronts with sport touring rears.

How many miles do you drive a year? If your only doing 4k a year and your trips are fairly short I would probably stick with the Q2s because one set should last you an entire season or close to it. If you do longer hauls and/or can't afford to swap tires out every 4k miles or so you might want to think about something a little more touring orientated.

Back