New tires now pulling left

Cruising180

Registered
I got a set of Road 6s installed a couple of weeks ago. I noticed a couple of days later that I was getting a fairly strong pull to the left when I take my hands off the bars which I didn't get from the stock S22s. No biggie, I went home adjusted the rear wheel and it'll be good. It was slightly out of alignment so I squared it up but it barely affected the pull to the left. Is it possible the tech put a wheel spacer on the wrong side of one of the wheel? the bike tracks fine with my hands on the bars but I have to sit on the far right edge of the seat to keep it straight without. I'll take it back when I can but my car is in the shop getting the clutch replaced so I'm kinda stuck riding to work until it's finished. Thanks in advance...

I got a set of Road 6s installed a couple of weeks ago. I noticed a couple of days later that I was getting a fairly strong pull to the left when I take my hands off the bars which I didn't get from the stock S22s. No biggie, I went home adjusted the rear wheel and it'll be good. It was slightly out of alignment so I squared it up but it barely affected the pull to the left. Is it possible the tech put a wheel spacer on the wrong side of one of the wheel? the bike tracks fine with my hands on the bars but I have to sit on the far right edge of the seat to keep it straight without. I'll take it back when I can but my car is in the shop getting the clutch replaced so I'm kinda stuck riding to work until it's finished. Thanks in advance...
Exactly the same issue here and we are not the only ones. I got both Michelin and CycleGear to offer a full refund if I bring the wheels back and they take the tires off, so I can pick something else.

I decided to live with it though, simply because I got a nasty cut on my leg, catching air in the woods and landing in the wrong spot with my dirt bike. So I don’t feel like crawling around on my knees removing and replacing wheels right now.

IMG_2968.jpeg

Exactly the same issue here and we are not the only ones. I got both Michelin and CycleGear to offer a full refund if I bring the wheels back and they take the tires off, so I can pick something else.

I decided to live with it though, simply because I got a nasty cut on my leg, catching air in the woods and landing in the wrong spot with my dirt bike. So I don’t feel like crawling around on my knees removing and replacing wheels right now.

View attachment 1683304
Is that the leg of a sasquatch?

did u control all wheel/rim spacers ?

does the chain really run straight?

it's best to check with a "laser cat" - the markings on the swinging ends are sometimes not really accurate

did u control all wheel/rim spacers ?

does the chain really run straight?

it's best to check with a "laser cat" - the markings on the swinging ends are sometimes not really accurate
It's the tires, we all have the same problem.

Just Google "Michelin Road 6 pulling left" and you will see everyone who notices it. When you have your hands on the bars, you won't notice it, but if you want to use cruise control, it becomes an issue.

Hmm? I have the Michelin road 6 gt on my bike. This is my second season with them. No issues at all. Nice tire. Maybe a bad batch or something idk.

Back