Always double check your work!

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I swapped out the wheels and tires on Luci today in preparation of a ~2000 mile trip around Arkansas. After getting everything back together and the wheels aligned, I was pumping up the rear brake and noticed the wheel was wobbling when getting onot and again getting off of the brake. I had left the spacers for the spare set of wheels in my tool chest. Off with the wheel and in with the spacers. It could have been much worse if I had left for the trip without the rear spacers.

there's never time to do it right, but always time to do it over. always be careful and double check your work. good thing to remember.

This case, no left over parts so to speak. The spacers for the wheels that were on the bike were still in those wheels. The spacers for the spare set were in the tool box where I put them 6 months ago.

i'm glad you didn't take off in the morning without catching it...good advice this time of year when we are all getting ready to hit the road for some long trips :beerchug:

I remember someone doing that a Miller a couple years ago. Don't recall who it was but he did a lap with it like that before coming back off to put the spacer in.

Scary!

--Wag--

Back