New tires mounted

buss05

WOOKIE
Donating Member
Registered
I'll keep everyone updated on the wear and overall performance of these tires. So far I have 700 miles on them in less than a week. They are pretty sticky from what I can tell so far. Far better than the Bridgestones that were on it before.

I'll post some pics hopefully tonight.

How do they handle corners / curves though??
Shinko is pretty poor at that.

The interest I think is merely the price. These tires were $160 to my door front and rear.

http://store.azmusa.com/shink.html

The cornering from what I can tell so far is fairly aggressive. I'm still working on wearing that last 1/4" to the edge but so far they bite hard in the turns. I experienced the suspension give in a turn under hard acceleration yesterday which I never felt with the b-stones that were on there. The stones were notorious for a good ol power slide out of the turns. Stickiness is a 6 out of 10. They are a high mileage tire so I wasn't expecting the performance of a slick or soft compound radial.

My opinion may change over the next 2000 miles or so but I will continue to update.

<!--EDIT|buss05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148488051 -->

cool.gif
thanks for the site...(good price thou...)
biggrin.gif

I live very close to the Ride Now warehouse and they said I could come and pick up a set and save the shipping charges. The Ravens are my next set. I'm a commuter and need to squeeze as many miles out of 'em as possible. Another member, Sportrider 1296 got a set and is very pleased with them.

Buss05, how many miles did you get out of the stockers?

I live very close to the Ride Now warehouse and they said I could come and pick up a set and save the shipping charges.  The Ravens are my next set.  I'm a commuter and need to squeeze as many miles out of 'em as possible.  Another member, Sportrider 1296 got a set and is very pleased with them.

Buss05, how many miles did you get out of the stockers?
Well the bike had about 5000 on it when I changed them. The front is in excellent condition with about 80% life left. It will be for sale once I get some pics. The rear had about 15% left until I roasted it off in a monster burnout before I changed it.

So to answer your question, my stock rear got about 5000 miles on it.

Back