New storage mod

diesel

Registered
First off you have to have an undertail to do this.

I started hacking away at the plastic piece in the tail section. I ended up cutting down to where the white dots are on each side. You won't gain much space on the shifter (left side) but it opens up the right side a lot.

DSC02155.JPG

You may want to stuff a rag or something in the bottom to be sure nothing rattles out. I just stuffed a shop rag in there and it works perfect. I put a 7' kryptonite cabe with a huge padlock rolled up and a co2 tire inflator kit in there along with my tool bag.

DSC02161.JPG

I found these cool bolts at walmart. They were around $3 for a pack of 2. They come with the wrench. I used my own rubber washers and put the undertail together with these and pitched the pos plastic rivets.
Like I said, you don't gain much space on the left side becuase of all the crap they have on that side but I was able to fit my scorpio alarm and my power commander down in there. It makes it easier to get the nuts on in there, too. I almost had to pay Suki an extra $20 at the spa to come over and get her little hands in there to reach it!!

DSC02159.JPG

If my wife's reading this, I'm just kidding, I've NEVER been to Suki Spa.

I just saw the place on the way to church.

DSC02163.JPG

I like the looks of those walmart bolts
thumb_up.gif
, but I wish you would've saved the plastic rivets, I would have took them off your hands, oh well.

Back