NEW SS valves. Where should i get em?

scrappy

Registered
I am looking around for some ss valves for the busa. Any one recommend a company where i should purchase them?

Also, if i were to kep the stock valve and cam size should i look at purchasing APE's bronze guides or are those for NA bikes with big cams?

I am looking around for some ss valves for the busa. Any one recommend a company where i should purchase them?

Also, if i were to kep the stock valve and cam size should i look at purchasing APE's bronze guides or are those for NA bikes with big cams?

POWERHOUSE uses (and sells) Ferrea stainless valves in many engine builds, including many big horsepower turbos. You should purchase them from any company you feel comfortable with. And regardless of valve size or whatever cams you may be considering, leave the stock valve guides alone. There is no reason to upset a perfectly good head by replacing perfectly good guides. IMHO, you are opening up a can of worms that is best left untouched . . .

Cool, thanks guys! I am having my head ported and polished and while i had the head out i figured i would replace the stock valves with SS valves.I wasn't sure if i should spend the extra cash on titanium retainers, bronze guides etc... I already have the 65lb springs from APE on a purchase last year. I never figured i should invest in any of the other head work besides porting and polishing. I know this being hte first turbo motor i have built i just wanted to make sure all the necessary parts that might fail have been replaced with what is proven to work.

Back