New rider with a busa?

o0starstruct0o

Registered
Alright, here's the situation. A little less than a month ago, my best friend passed away after making a mistake on his hayabusa. It has become important to me to have his bike (it was his pride and joy) so I plan on getting it fixed up this summer (some how it didn't get too trashed). Both my dad and another friend have a great deal of experience riding and have volunteered to teach me, and I am also definitely going to participate in Rider Safety Courses. I plan on having several months of riding experiences on the other bikes before I even touch the busa. I will be learning on a Valkyrie and a YZF-R6. For someone who has absolutely no intention of racing, showboating, or anything of the sort, is this doable? Help! Your opinions count!

Yeah, it's doable! Remember, the power is controlled by your right wrist! Taking the safety courses is a very wise move for insurance, as well as, safety reasons! Take it slow and don't push yourself and you won't have any trouble! Remember to respect the power of the 'Busa because the first time you don't it will nail you! Good luck and welcome to the board!

First of all my condolences for your friend. Sounds like you have a level head on you so as long as you respect the throttle you'll be okay. It's when your comfort level rises that you get more daring and that's when problems arrise (for experienced riders as well). So take it easy, take the MSF course, practice with other bikes (but remember from cruiser or 600 sportbike to Busa is a huge jump in bike weight/handling and speed). Again sorry about your friend and I wish you many blessings.

BD

Sorry to hear about yer best friend's fate.
sad.gif
However, if you use common sense on the busa and don't ride "over yer head" you'll be fine. The busa can be a monster if your right wrist isn't under control but as I always say, the busa isn't gonna fire up, go through the gears wide open and top out unless YOU tell it to do so with right wrist and left foot input. Funny thing, though, is that ANY other bike is just as dangerous if you get in over your head.
wink.gif

Good luck on gettin' the busa fixed and runnin' again. Oh, and welcome to the board!
beerchug.gif

welcome star. hope you get the busa running so you can ride. Not that it matters but you will be one of the elite few females riding the busa
wink.gif

Welcome Star...........................sorry about your friend.
sad.gif

The 'busa is a great bike............sounds like you already have the respect for it...............you should do fine!!!

smile.gif

Welcome to the board and I am very sorry to hear about your friend. Like the others said just take it easy and you will be fine but forget your head and it will bite you.

Thank you for the reassurance! After the research I have been doing on the bike, I was starting to second guess my decision to take it. I feel much more confident now! Oh, one more thing. There has been one person that I have talked to that doesn't seem to be impressed with my new determination to learn (not a rider himself). He thinks that I will not be able to lift the bike. Now, I am not small...I am 5'11'' with an athletic build. Is this going to be an issue? Thanks again!

Back