new rearsets rear brake springback problem

jdsbusa

Registered
Just installed a new set of OSF rearsets, problem I'm having is no springback on the rear brake and seemingly no place for the oem springs to mount either. The assembly instructions I received along with the online version (http://208.109.10.147/instructions/SUZUKI_INST.pdf) make no mention at all of installing the springs. Right now the rear brake drags after I push down unless I lift it back up with my toe (a la upshifting) which is a real pain not to mention a safety hazard imo. Is anyone else running OSF rearsets or any other kind of rearset that didn't/doesn't have this provision and what have you done to remedy it (not going with "don't use the rear brake" either, I've always used the rear brake - it's there for a reason). Thanks in advance!

contact them direct and ask them...no offense but you got what you paid for.

Got what I paid for?? Didn't realize OSF were inferior? Price-wise they're just as much as Sato, Gilles, etc. I've looked at several other rearsets as well and notice many of them are also missing the springback.....just wondering what gives.

Got what I paid for?? Didn't realize OSF were inferior? Price-wise they're just as much as Sato, Gilles, etc. I've looked at several other rearsets as well and notice many of them are also missing the springback.....just wondering what gives.

you should've bought Gilles Rizomas etc etc etc instead.

Did you adjust the nuts on the pushrod thread? Lower or higher might help,My vortex spring back just of the cylinder pressure. post some pics might be able to get you a better answer. Hope all works out for ya.

Did you adjust the nuts on the pushrod thread? Lower or higher might help,My vortex spring back just of the cylinder pressure. post some pics might be able to get you a better answer. Hope all works out for ya.

Now that's some help....I knew I wasn't the only one with no springs on my brake lever! Thanks....I'll check that out. Another thought......it's cold here....actually in the 40's today but has been cold as crap lately - could that be causing the cylinder to stick? I figure the fluid has to be a heck of a lot thicker at the temps I tried it at (20's). I didn't try it today, too much ice still out to ride. I tapped the brake yesterday running it on the rear stand and noticed that the brake locked and held until I brought it back up manually.

I found it hard to believe that a $400 set of rearsets shouldn't function as well or better than the OEM's or any other AM set out there. Thanks again!

Temp could be the problem with temps that cold. Where are you located?

Northern IL, just SW of Rockford/due west of Chicago.....it's cold as heck here....today was the first day (aside from last night when the temp climbed up due to a warm front pushing in) that we've seen above freezing for several weeks.

That could be your trouble, I've had problems with thick fluid at low temps.
Styed up north for a bit then I came to my right mind:laugh:

My Ti Force use a spring.
It attaches to the lever via a little post.
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

This is looking up at the lever underneath the bike.
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

You'd think there'd be provisions for a spring on yours.

cheers
ken

I never could get the osf sets to spring back went back with stock rearsets, also if u pAid 400 for them u got robbed I gave 175 new from them
Posted via Mobile Device

My Ti Force use a spring.
It attaches to the lever via a little post.

You'd think there'd be provisions for a spring on yours.

cheers
ken
That's what I thought....but it sounds like others brands are also not utilizing the springback.

As for the price, $400 is what OSF sells them for - not what I paid, but it seems most rearsets are in the $400 retail range regardless. If others such as Vortex are not using the spring then I imagine all should be well once the weather warms up a bit here.

Back