Question for Those Who Installed the Vortex Rearsets

MinnesotaGuy

Registered
Okay, I'm not having much of a problem with the actaul rearsets, but Vortex includes a length of hose to use to run from the brake reservoir to the master cylinder after you decide where you want your right rearset positioned. I'm having a hell of a time getting that hose installed on the reservoir or the master cylinder, even after warming it up a bit with a heat gun. It seems the inside diameter is a bit smaller than the factory hose. Has anyone actually installed that hose? If so, how? If not, what did you do to work around the issue?

Maybe skip oem in tail that is unserviceable
With out pulling tail off.
Can you make your rear sets lower than stock height? Vortex V2?
Psr :)

DSC_3575.JPG

DSC_3576.JPG

I already have the tail off. I just need to get the reservoir hose on and I'm really struggling for a solution because the hose included from Vortex doesn't seem to be the correct inside diameter. I don't think these are V2, I just go them from Revzilla but they have no V2 indication.

Yes, the idea is to lower the pegs so I can ride my most fun bike. I had total knee replacement and my range of motion isn't quite what it used to be.

Wait, I jsut figured out your post... you're saying get a PSR reservoir?

Last edited:
or buy another hose. Take the MC with you to the Auto parts store.

Funny, I brought the hose to a local PowerSports dealership (Honda/Yamaha) and showed it to them, the best they could come up with is a piece of hose used in outboard motor applications and I have no idea of it's corrosion resistant, it was stiff and felt more like plastic than rubber. I'll bring it to an autoparts store and see if they can help. Thanks for the tip.

On any rearsets I've ever installed, I've always used the factory hose. If for whatever reason the new positioning crimped the hose a little, I just cut a small section of the hose off and reinstall it.

I need a longer length of hose, I dropped the rearsets down a bit and need the hose to be longer, that's why I'm on this quest.

I need a longer length of hose, I dropped the rearsets down a bit and need the hose to be longer, that's why I'm on this quest.

As suggested above, take the hose off and run up to any parts store and grab a new length. A foot of oil hose is like 60 cents.

If you have a doubt about the hose as sometimes referring to a used hose can throw you off a hair on the proper size, take the reservoir with you instead and get a length of hose based on that.

Back