New Rear Shock Installed!!

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
OK, so I got the Elka 3-way adjustable shock with remote reservoir.  The 3-way is HI-speed compression, LO-speed compression, and Rebound.  Plus it's got a spring that's better suited to my weight <read I'm a fat #######>.

Here's the shock:

busa_elka_triple.jpg

It was a bit of a pain. I swear they torqued the bolts to like 1500 ft-lbs. Here's the bike apart...

busa_side.jpg

Here's the contraption I had to setup in order to get the weight off the rear swingarm.  Getting the bolts out was a pain, but I'm surprised they went in fairly well.

I don't have it all put back together, but four mods (HID, fork re-valving/springs, rear shock, stainless brake lines) at once has been a bit stressful.  One at a time from now on.

Before I started the rear, I took a quick ride to check the brakes/forks, and the bike behaves much nicer when braking hard.  It doesn't dive excessively like it used to.

Big props out to Mike at TRAXXION.

<!--EDIT|Juggler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138484608 -->

busa_back1.jpg

I'll post more pics when I get it all back together. I'll also include shots of the remote reservoir. Break time!

<!--EDIT|Juggler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138484682 -->

and it appears that you've added a snorkle in that first pic..

good on ya!
tounge.gif

Never seen a ladder lift before  
tounge.gif

If it works, what does it matter if it's a ladder  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138500729 -->

looks sweet...gotta let us know if it makes a big difference on the Busa. I like the remote resivor...my snowmobiles had em, and made a big difference in reducing shock-fade.
smile.gif

Back