New Pit-Bull Stand

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Just got a new Pit-Bull rear stand (reverse handle), and once I got it set up and tried to lift the bike, I could barely get the thing to budge.

Trying to balance the bike (and luckily I saw that the kickstand might get in the way, so I put it up) and push on the handle was too much to risk the bike tipping over.

Do I need a front wheel chock as well? Should I keep the bike in gear to keep it from moving until it's in the air? Need some advice (other than I need to hit the gym more often ...).

Pit_Bull_Stand.jpg

I don't have any experience with the reverse handle as I own the rear handle one. I have both a front and rear stand and they actually lift up pretty easy.

Dont worry... i cant put the bike on my stand alone either... i have to get my wife to straddle the bike and hold it up while i put all my weight into my stand to raise the back end up. Like Saxoplay said though... i to have no input on the reverse style stand, i own the regular kind.

Dont worry... i cant put the bike on my stand alone either... i have to get my wife to straddle the bike and hold it up while i put all my weight into my stand to raise the back end up. Like Saxoplay said though... i to have no input on the reverse style stand, i own the regular kind.

Thanks, guys. Maybe I'll try it first with a friend to see how much force it actually takes to get it up and down (wonder if the stand springs back when it comes down?) and then maybe buy a sport chock.

Just lean on it  
muscle.gif
if you adjust the height as low as possible, it is a little easier to lift.

Most people are a little too scared at first to really push as hard as is needed to lift the bike...after you do it a few times you will
think it's a piece of cake
wink.gif

(05 Busa LE @ Mar. 11 2007,11:36) Thanks, guys. Maybe I'll try it first with a friend to see how much force it actually takes to get it up and down (wonder if the stand springs back when it comes down?) and then maybe buy a sport chock.
No chock needed...a front stand is a good idea
biggrin.gif

ALWAYS put the bike on the rear stand first...then the front stand
wink.gif

Thanks, BA. Like you said, I'm just a little apprehensive since it's only me and the bike, and when it comes down to it, the bike will win.
muscle.gif

That's why I'll probably buy a sport chock to hold her steady.

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 11 2007,14:38)
(05 Busa LE @ Mar. 11 2007,11:36) Thanks, guys. Maybe I'll try it first with a friend to see how much force it actually takes to get it up and down (wonder if the stand springs back when it comes down?) and then maybe buy a sport chock.
No chock needed...a front stand is a good idea  
biggrin.gif

ALWAYS put the bike on the rear stand first...then the front stand  
wink.gif
bowdown.gif

once you get it done a few times itll be a piece of cake
beerchug.gif
i dont have the pitbull i have lp stands kinda nice having the push rod out back so you can hold the grab rail or inside the humo to stabilize while lifting the handle does stick out about a foot further than the bike so it creates a tripping hazzard hasnt got me yet but it will!

One word------CYCLECAT------Rear stand is so easy to lift a little female can lift with 2 fingers. A little pricy but well worth the money. And made to lift while the kickstand is in down position.
super.gif

Geez--wish I would have seen the Cycle Cat before I bought the Pit-Bull. And she's lifting a Busa!

Cycle_Cat_1.JPG

(BA BUSA @ Mar. 11 2007,13:36) Just lean on it  
muscle.gif
if you adjust the height as low as possible, it is a little easier to lift.

Most people are a little too scared at first to really push as hard as is needed to lift the bike...after you do it a few times you will
think it's a piece of cake
wink.gif
+1 on that. The first time I put mine up I was a bit apprehensive too. I wound up nailing a couple of 2x4s together and putting them under the kickstand so that the bike was closer to straight up. Once you get the hang of it, it's no problem.

I have the reverse stand as well. I weigh 160 on a good day and am 6' tall so I use my leverage to get the rear up. here's ho I do it:

I have a mirror on the wall next to where I lift up the rear so I can see the right side spool is seated in the stand. I then  put the kick stand up when I am sure when the spools are seated in the stand. I then place my foot on the wheel of the stand as I put pressure on the handle. As I push down on the handle I push my foot on the wheel of the stand. the bike just pops up the way I do this.

you can't be a wuss when putting a bike up on a stand. Just stick it under the rear and give her a shove. Its not as simple as one would think so just throw her around and she'll jump up on the stand for ya no problem
super.gif

Good ideas, ibified and Mr. Anderson ....

How does it come off the stand for you? Can you do it slowly to grab the bike and balance it, or does it come bouncing down once it goes over vertical point?

(fstbusa @ Mar. 11 2007,15:23) you can't be a wuss when putting a bike up on a stand.  Just stick it under the rear and give her a shove.  Its not as simple as one would think so just throw her around and she'll jump up on the stad for ya no problem  
super.gif
Yep ... you got it. Yesterday I looked pretty pathetic ... like I'm waitin' for it to tip over ....

When I take mine down off the stand, I use the 4x4 again to put under the kick stand. I lower it slowly down until the kickstand touches down on the 2x4, then let it down at whatever speed gravity wants to bring it.

I just slowly lower the rear stand using my foot again to brace the stands wheel to control the drop. when the handle is high enough I lower the kickstand with the free hand.

Back