New Peregrine Falcon Owner

Kevin Jones

Registered
Hello everyone, it has been a long time since I have ridden. My last bike (at one time I had 3 bikes and no car) was a Honda Hurricane 1000. I sold it when I went into the Army and joined a unit that it was forbidden to ever be more than 45 mins-1 hour away and I knew I would never ride again. I always felt the longing but it was not possible to own one. Flash forward to 2007 Iraq. It was the first time in my life, ever, that I would come home and actually have a little money. Being a lower enlisted in the service, forget toys. This was different. And so I visualized that once again I might have a bike. I looked around and fell in love with the Falcon. Not simply for its speed or grace, but it was something that felt like me. Unfortunately I had a transmission go out and an accident shortly after returning from Iraq and my money vanished. I waited. I waited. I drove the same truck I paid cash for for 10 years. I finally had my chance. I told my girlfriend of 2 years what I was going to do and she gave me an ultimatum that if I bought a bike, she would leave me. I was so angry and still am, that I do not want to talk about it. Best to say, we are having problems and she does not even know I bought an '02 Busa yesterday. Nor will I tell her yet. I will not let someone, even someone I love, take my dreams away. They are part of me. And I said I was'nt going to talk about it. Well, I hope to learn from you all and I know less than nothing about this bike right now. My dad asked why I bought something so fast. I said that I was told by one of those pit riders, the ones that rode in a circle all up and down in the circus, total sickos. That if you have a bike that you are not afraid of, you need to sell it. You will hurt yourself. I truly believe that. Just like my weapons, I respect and admire this bike and will never feel like I am the boss with it under my butt. Long rambling, sorry, thank you all for the forum and I hope to learn everything I can from you.

:welcome:

This is just my opinion but here goes - I know you didn't ask but maybe I can save you some pain....

If your girlfriend gave you an ultimatum - Then you better dump her NOW.
It's never a good sign when ultimatums are given by anyone, but especially someone you love.
If you marry her I'll bet it ends in divorce (unless one of you kills the other one).
Someone that truly loves you wouldn't force their views or opinions on you.

You can do what you want - Maybe show her the bike and see if she leaves - if so she must not have really loved you.
If you give up the bike because she wants you to - then sooner or later you will resent it - her taking away a passion of yours.
I'm sure she wouldn't like it if you asked her to quit/give up something that she loved - and that would be normal - so why can she do it to you?

Now post a picture of that new bike....

And you will become the Master of your bike. It's all in your head and right hand. :laugh:
It can and is very smooth and gentle but if you crank on it - it will turn on you real fast.
After many miles you will know exactly what it will and will not do. I hope you have all the protective gear needed and use it on every ride.

OK lets see it...

You are absolutely right. I would never want to change someone or take away or even limit something they love. Pic coming, I read the pic thread but still cant find my storage. Looking.

Test.

IMAG0630.jpg

:welcome: to the org.

If your GF is giving you an ultimatum over something as simple as a motorcycle, don't walk away from her, RUN, marriage will only make her more controlling.

Kevin,
1st, thank you for your service. Your deployed time can't have been easy, but we are glad you are here with us.

2nd- that bike is an absolute blank canvas. You will have thrills riding her and get chills thinking about all the mods to do to her...

Welcome!

Thanks fellas, I do have a concern and it may be nothing but the previous owner was in the midst of a fender removal and I told him to go ahead and finish it. I came over to look and I got livid when I saw what had been cut out. I dont know if it had to or if he just didnt really care anymore as he wasnt getting paid any more for it. This isnt the right place to post this, I know, but do you think this is dangerous as I see water coming off the back tire and going up in the underbelly? Or am I just flipping out about nothing and clean it up and go with it. Same thing both sides.

cut under.jpg

That's looks like its going to need more than cleanup work. Wow, why in the world would he cut up the inner fairing like that?

There is no good reason I can think of to butcher up the undertail like that!

You should be able to fine a good used one from somebody parting a bike out.

i would say good riddance....if she left you over something so trivial she wasnt the woman for you. Find ya a good biker woman and move forward! Thanks for your service to this great country my friend and welcome to the org

First of all, thank you for your service.
Second, welcome to the org!
Third, don't waste your time on anyone (and I would even include family to a certain point) that doesn't support your dreams. They don't have to like it but they should never give you grief about it or, as your ex-girlfriend did, ultimatums. My wife has told me numerous times the first year I had my Busa that she was nervous about it and scared I would hurt myself. Now she sees it's not different than any other bike, it's all about the rider, and she encourages me to ride and enjoy myself.
Fourth, sorry to see the damage on the rear but like others have said it's a great blank slate and you will soon be afflicted with the "mod bug" as disease that just never seems to go away.
Last, ENJOY!

Hello everyone, it has been a long time since I have ridden. My last bike (at one time I had 3 bikes and no car) was a Honda Hurricane 1000. I sold it when I went into the Army and joined a unit that it was forbidden to ever be more than 45 mins-1 hour away and I knew I would never ride again. I always felt the longing but it was not possible to own one. Flash forward to 2007 Iraq. It was the first time in my life, ever, that I would come home and actually have a little money. Being a lower enlisted in the service, forget toys. This was different. And so I visualized that once again I might have a bike. I looked around and fell in love with the Falcon. Not simply for its speed or grace, but it was something that felt like me. Unfortunately I had a transmission go out and an accident shortly after returning from Iraq and my money vanished. I waited. I waited. I drove the same truck I paid cash for for 10 years. I finally had my chance. I told my girlfriend of 2 years what I was going to do and she gave me an ultimatum that if I bought a bike, she would leave me. I was so angry and still am, that I do not want to talk about it. Best to say, we are having problems and she does not even know I bought an '02 Busa yesterday. Nor will I tell her yet. I will not let someone, even someone I love, take my dreams away. They are part of me. And I said I was'nt going to talk about it. Well, I hope to learn from you all and I know less than nothing about this bike right now. My dad asked why I bought something so fast. I said that I was told by one of those pit riders, the ones that rode in a circle all up and down in the circus, total sickos. That if you have a bike that you are not afraid of, you need to sell it. You will hurt yourself. I truly believe that. Just like my weapons, I respect and admire this bike and will never feel like I am the boss with it under my butt. Long rambling, sorry, thank you all for the forum and I hope to learn everything I can from you.
Welcome home

Back