New 'Busa Owner

Skyvie

Registered
Hello to everyone! Yesterday my dreams finally came true and I bought a new 2018 Hayabusa. I drove her home this morning. Man, I've been waiting like a decade for this day! Luckily, I've had other bikes to keep me learning and wrenching, but the dream was always in the back of my mind. Someday, I'd say. I'd try to rationalize the bike away because it "wasn't practical" or was "just too much bike" for my needs.

One thing that really made it a priority was how much my wife liked riding on the back of my other (commuter) bike (GS 500) and I realized how much I loved touring.

I've already learned a lot from forum posts and am looking forward to getting to know all of you, and, of course, the bike! :bowdown:
IMG_20190123_105636.jpg

Hi there mate , I am liking that '18 color scheme a lot , those black wheels with red rim highlights certainly give it an edge in the looks department .
Great score you got yourself , hope you and your missus get endless miles of riding pleasure together on your new acquisition , and welcome to the Org. !!
Toad

Thanks everyone for the welcome! The more I look at the bike, the more I'm digging the black. The white/red '18 is pretty awesome, but doesn't have the rim stripes.

@Slowstang305 I mainly ride around the Cartersville area with some TN stuff. I need to get back to Dahlonega sometime soon. Are you nearby?

Thanks everyone for the welcome! The more I look at the bike, the more I'm digging the black. The white/red '18 is pretty awesome, but doesn't have the rim stripes.

@Slowstang305 I mainly ride around the Cartersville area with some TN stuff. I need to get back to Dahlonega sometime soon. Are you nearby?

I live a little south of Atlanta and work in Forsyth County. Once the weather warms up, I'll be racking up the mileage in the mountains. I have a few videos on YouTube of me in the mountains.

Hello to everyone! Yesterday my dreams finally came true and I bought a new 2018 Hayabusa. I drove her home this morning. Man, I've been waiting like a decade for this day! Luckily, I've had other bikes to keep me learning and wrenching, but the dream was always in the back of my mind. Someday, I'd say. I'd try to rationalize the bike away because it "wasn't practical" or was "just too much bike" for my needs.

One thing that really made it a priority was how much my wife liked riding on the back of my other (commuter) bike (GS 500) and I realized how much I loved touring.

I've already learned a lot from forum posts and am looking forward to getting to know all of you, and, of course, the bike! :bowdown:View attachment 1592358
One of the best colors. Welcome.

I've already learned a lot from forum posts and am looking forward to getting to know all of you, and, of course, the bike! :bowdown:View attachment 1592358
You and @Hauie could have been twins but he is wrapping...Congrats on the new bike, its a beaut!
Welcome to the oRg.

Hey, cool, another QT Busa pic! I need to take a proper one when the weather clears up and I've got some time. I was in a hurry to get her home before the thunderstorm hit!

Back