New Owner From Sweden

Andrew_Swede

Registered
Hi everybody!

First I want to thank you for a very good forum. I've done a lot of reading and finally I decided to by a brand new Hayabusa. It was a leftover from 2014, with ABS.

Let me introduce myself:
I am 56 years old, working with embedded control systems for the vehicle industry. I have always been very interested in mechanics and electronics. At my work we develop control-systems for boats, trucks, buses and construction machines.

I'm very fond of two-wheelers. I have four bicycles and two motorcycles. For more than 20 years I've been using my bicycles for commuting the whole year around. In Sweden it means you have to use winter-tyres with spikes. Total distance is nearly four times around the globe (about 94000 miles).

I have had a lot of motorcycles. 2010 I bought myself a Suzuki B-king. And it was a incredible bike! I sold it 2013 and I really regret that. I bought myself a Kawasaki Versys 1000 and I still have that bike. Really fun and very practical. I think it was released in the states last year.

But I missed the B-king so much, mostly the enormous engine. It was really great fun. But not so good for my passenger. But last year my wife took a driving licence and is now driving a Suzuki SVF 650 Gladius, and she really encouraged me to by a new Hayabusa.

I took it four a first drive two days ago, and took a longer trip today. And I'm so impressed! It is really a very good bike. VERY IMPRESSED!

Here in Sweden we celebrate Easter this weekend and tomorrow we celebrate that Jesus was risen from the dead and is my savior. So I thank Him for the possibility to own so many great two-wheelers!

Take care:
Andrew_Swede
2016-03-24 11.11.20.jpg
2013-07-10 07.19.51.jpg
2013-07-10 07.19.51.jpg
2015-08-30 10.06.54.jpg
2015-12-20 13.00.48.jpg

Welcome Andrew.

I agree about the B-King. Great engine, great solo-bike but not great for the wife, luggage or tank size. Busa is a more practical option.

Never been to Sweden. I look forward to some pics of your rides this Summer.

Tony.
(Australia)

Welcome Andrew.

I agree about the B-King. Great engine, great solo-bike but not great for the wife, luggage or tank size. Busa is a more practical option.

Never been to Sweden. I look forward to some pics of your rides this Summer.

Tony.
(Australia)
Hi Tony

Your description of the B-King is spot on. But a very great solo-bike and more of a toy :)

For sure I will post some pictures during the summer. It's very beautiful and very long days. Around mid-summer we only have 3-4 hours dark.

Andrew

Very much so Andrew.
Had my B-King since late 2007. It's a lot of fun but I wouldn't have kept it if it was my only bike.

I think my Wife would love Sweden. She loved the cold months and winters of Europe a lot more than I do !

Enjoy your new toy.

Tony.

Back