you would pay .

They do not add any
last minute fees
and bull $#!7 .

Can not say enough
good things about them.

Even if you lived in North Carolina
you would pay the $12,198 if you

decided to handle the title on your own .

Of course this includes the
current Suzuki instant rebate .

:super:

Last edited:
14 Anniv edition from a SoCal dealer in Jan 2019 for ~$9k w/ 10k miles.
Lots of cosmetic issues w/ this bike, but that hasn't bothered me.
But the fundamental questions have already been posted here:
  1. How was that used bike treated before you get your hands on it.
  2. What mods do you plan on making? (e.g., AFM cans or OEM)?
  3. How far are you willing to travel to find the right bike?
In my experience, you pay to eliminate question #1. Especially as it pertains to the Hayabusa. These bikes are frequently modded, and often heavily so. In my case, the ECU was probably previously flashed (but there's no way of knowing what components were modded in the flash without having it reflashed); the AFM exhausts were absent, so the dealer slapped on a pair of OEM cans; a handlebar riser/triple clamp mod was used to lower the front end - this, just as an example of how question #1 can be a factor. My bike had clearly been modded before I owned it, and determining the extent and impact of those mods (and the miles accumulated) has become my newest jigsaw hobby.

There's probably no way around #2. Depending on your intent w/ the bike, you will be tempted to mod. I came from a sport bike background, so weight reduction was a priority for me. So...
- a flash
- a full exhaust
- lith battery
- braided brake lines
- etc., etc., etc. - just for starters

The point being: $9k used + a bunch of mods = same price as new, +/-.

The thing is, Hayabusas, generally, make great:
- Drag bikes
- Turbo bikes
- Hi miles touring bikes
- sport bikes

...and the direction you plan on taking your bike will help you answer #'s 1 & 2.

Finally, my answer to question #3 was, at the time, about 25 mi.
But now that I've owned the bike for about 3 months, my new answer would be: to the ends of this earth.

Hope this helps

Prefer if you can buy from a forum member

Yeah +1, meant to mention this. With all due respect, the members on this site are weird about their love of Busas. IMO, you would not ever go wrong buying a Busa from one of these weirdos...with all due respect.

I had great success buying from a forum member. :thumbsup:

I had somewhat the same dilemma - wife said buy new (as I already have too much broken stuff that I spend time working on....) and bank account said buy used.
After doing a lot of time researching on this site, I really would have liked a Gen 2 with the Brembo brakes, but ended up with a used 2009 for $5,700 US (equivalent) and 5,600 miles. Came with an aftermarket set of slip-ons so this was around another $1,000 or so I would have had to spend to get it to my baseline.
Bottom line is go with a used if you can get one with low mileage - that was the deciding factor for me as I'm planning on keeping this bike for a long time.
I'll second Dougyp333 that you may have to travel a bit to find it but it's worth the money you'll ultimately save.

I love my bike but I don't obsess like some of you folks:poke:. @c10 and @jeffgordons24 I'm looking at you two. I buy used toys because I am going to use them and I don't think the little extra shine is worth the extra money. Shine that I am just going to wear off anyway.
Wear and tear makes for a very vicious circle. I am obsessed with keeping things looking like new and as soon as things look worn I replace. Hell most times I just replace on impulse. @c10 is much better than me...he keeps RJ Looking new with dedication and elbow grease. He isn’t afraid to wield a spray can or polishing cloth to return things to looking new. I’ve replaced practically every damn part on my bike and it’s still not even half as clean as RJ.

I call bullshit on that....
Some dust on the floor under RJ

DSC_2990.JPG

Back