New or used gen 2?

AdrianVall

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm new around these parts! I've been riding Harley's for the last 12 years and have been an active member on the Harley forums but I'm looking for a dramatic change of pace to reignite my love for riding.
Anyway, I'm currently in the market for a gen 2 Hayabusa. I can't seem to find the right deal on one though. I've looked pretty much all over Florida and so many people are asking so much that its almost the cost of new. I know I want 13+ because of the new addition of the ABS and Brembo brakes. That is a huge addition that I feel is important to me. Would you guys recommend buying new or holding out for the right used? Around what should I be paying for a used 13+? Obviously it depends on the year but I keep seeing prices all over the place.

Anyway, any addition help would be greatly appreciated.

I would look for a left over new one. That way you know what you have and can mod it the way you want to. Welcome to the board. :)
+1, if your budget allows, a good left over one can be found...there are sometimes bikes for sale on this forum and you can trust the members here.

Buy new if you plan on keeping it and if your budget allows. You never know how the previous owner maintained it or rode it. Some people ride their bikes easy, but I would say most ride them pretty hard.

My first hayabusa was a 2006 I bought in 2007 with 500 miles. The guy before me rode the crap out of it and I quickly had to have the transmission rebuilt due to 2nd gear issues.

I just bought a 2019 from Sport Cycles in Rockingham NC. I know it's a drive for you, but they're the absolute best dealership I've ever dealt with. They gave me the actual price up front and didn't play games. No surprising add ons and didn't try to push me into it. I personally visited around 8 dealerships in NC and called every other one in NC and Sport Cycles was the best price from the get-go.

I could have gotten a left over 2018 for $1000 less but I went ahead and grabbed a 2019. The dealer even told me the typical resale increase from one year over the next is around $500 so ultimately it only cost me an extra $500 to get a 2019 in the grand scheme of things.

There was another member on here that drove from FL to Sport Cycles in NC and he also has nothing but the best things to say about them.

ABS is just another costly thing to replace if parts go out. The Hayabusa is largely unchanged since 2008 with the only exceptions being Brembo ABS and new graphics. If you like the Brembo calipers, source a pair used and throw them on the Gen 2 you buy. I never buy new and I've been happy that way.

Buy new if you plan on keeping it and if your budget allows. You never know how the previous owner maintained it or rode it. Some people ride their bikes easy, but I would say most ride them pretty hard.

My first hayabusa was a 2006 I bought in 2007 with 500 miles. The guy before me rode the crap out of it and I quickly had to have the transmission rebuilt due to 2nd gear issues.

I just bought a 2019 from Sport Cycles in Rockingham NC. I know it's a drive for you, but they're the absolute best dealership I've ever dealt with. They gave me the actual price up front and didn't play games. No surprising add ons and didn't try to push me into it. I personally visited around 8 dealerships in NC and called every other one in NC and Sport Cycles was the best price from the get-go.

I could have gotten a left over 2018 for $1000 less but I went ahead and grabbed a 2019. The dealer even told me the typical resale increase from one year over the next is around $500 so ultimately it only cost me an extra $500 to get a 2019 in the grand scheme of things.

There was another member on here that drove from FL to Sport Cycles in NC and he also has nothing but the best things to say about them.
That other member was me and and can also say that it was my best buying experience EVER!! Straight up guys that don’t BS you around

It somewhat depends on your final idea of what you want. If you want lowered extended piped even turned. You may save a lot with used. As viper said. Everyone wants their money back on mods. Any dealer will tell you used stickers are a much easier sell. I would go left over new if you can find one you like. I bought my 2018 new because I liked the colour But I buy bikes that appeal to me enough to own for years. Sometimes decades. I think this will be so with my busa

Welcome. I rode a Harley for a while also until I realized that wasn't involved with the ride but just sitting there like I was sitting on the couch. I swapped over to the Busa and it is an absolute rocket and involved. I wanted a bike I can cruise 80 miles on without back pain and surprisingly the seating position of the busa gave me just that. I purchased mine used but with a lot of money in Add on's and even though I paid more than I should have I absolutely love the bike and made the right choice. New is definitely the way to go with anything you purchase, but the right deal also comes along once in a while. Where are you in FL? In in Ft Laud.

That other member was me and and can also say that it was my best buying experience EVER!! Straight up guys that don’t BS you around

Didn't drive from FL, but must agree they have outstanding sales and service. Bought my '08 from there back in the day.

If you guys don't mind me asking, what was your OTD price on a new Busa? I don't know if the drive up would be cost effective but we'll see I guess. Thanks so much for the advice!!

Welcome. I rode a Harley for a while also until I realized that wasn't involved with the ride but just sitting there like I was sitting on the couch. I swapped over to the Busa and it is an absolute rocket and involved. I wanted a bike I can cruise 80 miles on without back pain and surprisingly the seating position of the busa gave me just that. I purchased mine used but with a lot of money in Add on's and even though I paid more than I should have I absolutely love the bike and made the right choice. New is definitely the way to go with anything you purchase, but the right deal also comes along once in a while. Where are you in FL? In in Ft Laud.

Well, I wouldn't equate my riding experience of riding Harleys to riding on a couch, but it definitely isn't as exciting as I think it could be. I've only ever rode a GSXR-600 once and I remember thinking it was insanely uncomfortable. However, I've sat on a couple Busa's recently and I was surprised with how comfortable it is. My last Harley was a Road Glide which I bought new and only had for a month but before that, pretty much every other Harley in the Dyna, VRod, Sportster and Softail line up. I think I'm just bored of riding Harleys to be honest. I need something new and exhilarating. I'm located in West Palm Beach. What year Busa are you riding?

If you guys don't mind me asking, what was your OTD price on a new Busa? I don't know if the drive up would be cost effective but we'll see I guess. Thanks so much for the advice!!

Well, I wouldn't equate my riding experience of riding Harleys to riding on a couch, but it definitely isn't as exciting as I think it could be. I've only ever rode a GSXR-600 once and I remember thinking it was insanely uncomfortable. However, I've sat on a couple Busa's recently and I was surprised with how comfortable it is. My last Harley was a Road Glide which I bought new and only had for a month but before that, pretty much every other Harley in the Dyna, VRod, Sportster and Softail line up. I think I'm just bored of riding Harleys to be honest. I need something new and exhilarating. I'm located in West Palm Beach. What year Busa are you riding?
I didn’t buy a hayabusa from them, it was a concours14.

Fwiw. Suzuki is is putting together some bonuses for buying left over busas. Gas cards. Extended warranty. May be of use to you may not. Worth taking into consideration

If I remember right I wanna say $12.8k. That includes the Suzuki $750 instant rebate. This includes TTL; so since your out of state it would be quite a bit less since you’ll pay FL taxes when you register it in FL. They’re near the SC border so I’m sure they frequently deal with out of state sales.

Cycle Trader has an ad for them at $12,198 and that’s honestly the price you’d pay. They don’t add any last minute fees and b.s.

Can’t say enough good things about them.

Even if you lived in N.C. you’d pay the $12,198 if you decided to handle the TTL on your own.

Of course this includes the current Suzuki instant rebate.

;)
I rode my buddy's Yamaha R1 and the seating position was ridiculous. I couldn't handle it for more than just a little bit. Felt like I was laying on top of the bike waiting to take off. The busa is a lot more vertical but still a "sports" like position. Mine is a 14' but I did not limit it to 13+ in my search. Anything 08+ would have done just fine for me but the problem is that 08's are selling for as much as 13+ as I'm sure you have seen down here. I ride her up to Cars and Coffee in WPB randomly, hopefully ill see you out there on the new ride one day! I rode a Harley Fatboy Lo for a while and currently have a Yamaha Stryker. I kept the Stryker and let the HD go because the Stryker is lighter and water cooled. FL weather can get VERY hot.

bought my 2011 10500 out the door new.
bought my 08 used for 8k when it was 4 years old
bought my 02 used for 3k years ago

Just some ideas of prices...Location is a key key factor. If its only useable for 7 months of the year they are worth way less to folk.

Back