New or used gen 2?

Wear and tear makes for a very vicious circle. I am obsessed with keeping things looking like new and as soon as things look worn I replace. Hell most times I just replace on impulse. @c10 is much better than me...he keeps RJ Looking new with dedication and elbow grease. He isn’t afraid to wield a spray can or polishing cloth to return things to looking new. I’ve replaced practically every damn part on my bike and it’s still not even half as clean as RJ.

I like the character that use adds to my toys. As long as all the upkeep is in order so everything is functioning as it should I am happy. If something looks/acts/sounds like it is getting a little flaky it gets replaced.

If you want to lay out the green for a new one, go for it. However, expect it to lose $4K+ value the moment it goes out the door. You can find plenty of really good used ones with low mileage for sale...

If you want to lay out the green for a new one, go for it. However, expect it to lose $4K+ value the moment it goes out the door. You can find plenty of really good used ones with low mileage for sale...
Hi. If I knew what I know not I would not bought my used 1999 bike. I should have bought a frame, a hurt motor because I am replacing almost every part on the bike!

Hi. If I knew what I know not I would not bought my used 1999 bike. I should have bought a frame, a hurt motor because I am replacing almost every part on the bike!

'99 is a pretty old model - I can see why there might be problems. My 08 however would be a great buy for someone it starts every time and has no issues.

Back