New NC electronic inspection program SUCKS!!

hajii

Registered
Geez...

For those in NC not aware of this program, the state is linking the safety/emissions inspection with the registration so you can't renew your tags without getting your vehicle passing inspection.

Here's my deal:

Had my bike inspected back in Sept. at the stealership. The service tech checked everything out, & slaps a sticker on there,, tells me I'm good to go & starts telling me about the new electronic inspection program NC is starting up. I'm like, 'cool, no more stickers on the bike' (peeling off the old VA sticker from the swingarm was a real PITA, but, I digress).

Start to renew the registration on the bike a little bit ago, and after I entered my info, I got a screen that said 'Service can not continue due to a safety or safety/emissions violation':cussing:

I'm hoping that this is just a glitch in the system, as we all know that with any new electronic system (especially when it's run by state employees), you're going to have some hiccups, especially since the service tech (I think he was the service manager, BTW) told me that I passed the inspection & handed me the sheet that said 'PASS'.

Anyways, you other NC folks may want to keep this in mind if you haven't had your vehicles inspected yet; I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one going through this...:banghead:

aww dont feel bad, left coast and southwest guys have had to deal with this for a lot of years.. it is just a revenue monster for the state..

Haven't had to deal with it yet. But with 5 cars and a 4 bikes, I'm sure to run into problems sometime.

Chris

We use to have them here.. Pretty much check the lights, horn, tires and glass, throw on a sticker get the 3.00 from the customer and send them on their way.. 2 years after I spent 8 hours in a class room to get my testing license they did away with them...

If they did emessions testing here our traffic count would drop by 1/3 easy..

Well I guess it saves you a trip, which is OK as long as it works properly.

*update*

Just got off the phone with their support reps...Looks like it was a glitch, as they've been flooded with calls today from other irate vehicle owners. Tried it while I was on the phone with them & it worked...
Now I just gotta remember to do this during their call center hours...

Back