Inspection & County Stickers?

FJRider

Registered
Argh! I can't bring myself to have my state inspection guy slap an inspection sticker (and in Virginia, the damn county registration sticker - more fr##### taxes!) on those pretty gold fork down tubes!

I'm curious if some of you have found a way to mount a plate of some sort for these stickers - and keep 'em off the forks?

uuuhhhh, hows about up under the rear fender??!!
tounge.gif

Yeah... in Virginia I believe they normally go somewhere on the left fork down tube - and yes, they have to be visible on the left side.

I'm considering buying a metal plate to mount them on, but haven't figured out where to mount the plate yet.
wink.gif

I'm in the Marine Corps......we are required to "sport" a DOD vehicle decal on all privately owned vehicles......Here is my thing, I plan on removing my left side, front fork round reflector and replace it with an alumnum plate for the dumb decals. Then when I lower the bike a little in the front.....BAM, barely noticeable!!!!
cool.gif

Have the stickers slapped high up on the fork tube. They will be visible if your laying on the ground. It works for me and the PA cops are pretty picky.
wink.gif

YMMV... however my stickers were put on the swingarm.. left side, as you sit on it.

At least the inspection sticker was on the swingarm and when I went to get the county sticker the lady told me to put it to the left of the inspection sticker. Haven't had a problem yet, but I do live in Frederick county...

I carry mine in my wallet with insurance card, motorcycle indorsment and copy of my title. but the cops here are real cool about bikes they all thumbs up when i see them .
i ride with alot of leo
they are great to ride with very knowledgeable and fun to hang out with .
most of the leo have harleys but they all dig the Busa
last week a cop gave my buddy the do a wheelie sign
he pulled his honda 900 up and walked it to the next red light cop pulls up and says sweet
wow.gif

this was later at night and no cars on the rode at all .
i just putt in traffic but let me find that long lonely road no cars, its hang on and ride the rocket
wink.gif

I stuck mine up as high as possible on the fork tube... I dont' buy county/town stickers..

heres my system... haha If I go 7 years with out wasting money on them and don't get caught... I'm saving money.. If i don't make it seven years.. I'll go buy the stupid things and they will drop the ticket.

6 years and counting.
wink.gif

the math behind the man..

ticket/court cost $69
Sticker.. per year.. county $10, town $5

Ok, here's my plan... I picked up a stainless steel plate at the bike shop today, its purpose being to display inspection/county stickers. Instead of trying to utilize one of the existing brake caliper bolts or some such thing I've decided to try and locate an aircraft rubberized clamp and put that around the left down tube. The clamp will hold the stainless plate. I think that'll do the trick. I'll post a picture here soon.

Back