Inspection Sticker

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking to move my plate from the undertail to a sidearm mount. I don't see any inspection stickers on the bikes. Is it legal to mount the inspection sticker somewhere else other than the plate? I live in Texas is anyone knows.

your inspection sticker goes on your plate. Mine is on the side panel under the nose

(Rylinkus @ Jun. 20 2007,21:14) are inspection stickers the same size in all states? Mine would cover half my plate
laugh.gif
mine too

Thats the million dollar question i keep researching.

All I can find is the view of license plate...not inspection sticker.

I have seen them on Frames, Forks, Underneath Plates. My biggest concern would be getting pulled over for a leo not seeing it at a light or something.

found it. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/mcintexas.htm

Inspection. All motor vehicles registered in Texas, including motorcycles, motor scooters, and mopeds, must be inspected each year at an official motor vehicle inspection station. When the motorcycle passes inspection, an approved certificate must be placed near the rear license plate. These certificates are good for one year from the month of inspection.

(Rylinkus @ Jun. 20 2007,20:40) Technically mines not a sticker at all. It's just paper.
Texas Insp. is a sticker the size of a credit card

Ok. So if I side mount vertically, I could place the inspection sticker on the frame next to the plate... on the frame
guns.gif
... or I could actually stick it behind the plate's mounting bracket
super.gif
... Thanks for the info.

(BlueHaya @ Jun. 20 2007,18:53)
(Rylinkus @ Jun. 20 2007,20:40) Technically mines not a sticker at all. It's just paper.
Texas Insp. is a sticker the size of a credit card
Mine's bigger than a credit card. And definately not a sticker. The car inspections are stickers, but bikes are paper. I'd wager under 50% of people up here get their bike inspected.

I have never had a bike inspected. Like I am going to let some wrench jockey fail me for not having reflectors. I have been pulled over a couple of times and it has never come up... And if I am getting in trouble on the bike I think lack of state inspection is going to be the very least of my problems. I would mount it on the fork though up under the front fairing.
E

i dont get it inspected,im not putting that ugly sticker anywhere on my bike,ill take the $15 ticket if i get pulled over and like said earlier,if im getting pulled over im sure it will be the least of my problems at that point
beerchug.gif

While it's NOT legal to do this in VA, I've done it...it may work in your state since they say to locate it near the plate...not sure if you can mount the plate like I have though...

*see area circled in yellow below*
smile.gif

plate.JPG

I have mine on my swingarm, I ride w/ a few cops & they said I could get a ticket, but only if the cop is an azz.

(smonroe86 @ Jun. 20 2007,22:43) haha gotta love nebraska and kansas i dont have that problem no inspections here  
beerchug.gif
My bike is close. My big issue is always my car. I get a lot of, "Thats too loud to inspect"

(BlueHaya @ Jun. 20 2007,20:51) found it.   http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/mcintexas.htm

Inspection. All motor vehicles registered in Texas, including motorcycles, motor scooters, and mopeds, must be inspected each year at an official motor vehicle inspection station. When the motorcycle passes inspection, an approved certificate must be placed near the rear license plate. These certificates are good for one year from the month of inspection.
Stick it on the back side of the plate.

In Missouri, The bike inspection sticker is supposed to be mounted on the fork tubes. It would be ok with me to have it mounted up high on the fork tube inside the fairing, but the large sticker is bright GREEN, and it looks like azz on my red/black busa. The last time I took mine in for inspection I ask the guy to let me put it on and he told me they had to put them on. Good thing I put armorall on the tubes before I went there. Don't know why, but the darn stickers would not stay on.
biggrin.gif
Took the sticker off after leaving, stapled it to the registration copy and put it under the hump. Not my problem that the state uses stickers with weak adhesive!
laugh.gif

Back