Texas inspection sticker

jtriron

Registered
A question:
In Texas can you receive a a traffic citation for not displaying your Texas Inspection sticker fixed on your bike??

In my Harley days I kept the sticker on a small plate in my pocket as not to trash up my bikes appearance.

Just guessing but a LEO may/can cite you for failure to comply with below:

TRC 548.255
ATTACHMENT OR PRODUCTION OF INSPECTION CERTIFICATE.

(a) An inspection certificate shall be attached to or produced for a vehicle in the manner required by department rule.

(b) The department shall:

(1) require that a certificate for a motorcycle be attached to the rear of the motorcycle near the license plate; and

(2) adopt rules with respect to display of an inspection certificate for a moped.

Heres from the DPS website but i keep mine under the hump with my insurance card. No way am i putting any that on my frame or custom paint. I'll deal with the ticket if or when i recieve it.

TRC 548.255
ATTACHMENT OR PRODUCTION OF INSPECTION CERTIFICATE.

(a) An inspection certificate shall be attached to or produced for a vehicle in the manner required by department rule.

(b) The department shall:

(1) require that a certificate for a motorcycle be attached to the rear of the motorcycle near the license plate; and

(2) adopt rules with respect to display of an inspection certificate for a mope

had mine on the swingarms of 3 bikes. haven't been messed with yet, but i understand if it comes down to it they can pull me over if they want to.

edit: i'm in houston btw

:cursin: i think all of this is a rip off by some states in mo we have them to, but then my hubby was at ft knox ky you dont. so ask yourself why some states do and some dont. a rip off i say :cheerleader:

Humor from another forum i asked this question on ...

"There's your problem: sport bikes are cop magnets because of so many people out there riding dirty (no license, insurance, inspection, tucked under license plate, etc.)"

Back