New Motorcycle is here!!!  It's unconventional

I am with Randy, the ear to ear grin says it all. Congrats!
beerchug.gif
laugh.gif
I think she had the seat warmer turned up on high...
wowold.gif

Nice vehicle Rev! I sell alot of Pathfinders. They are great vehicles and as you say, can do some offroading too. They hold their resale value well too. I'm sure your bride will enjoy it!
beerchug.gif

Nice vehicle Rev! I sell alot of Pathfinders. They are great vehicles and as you say, can do some offroading too. They hold their resale value well too. I'm sure your bride will enjoy it!
beerchug.gif
Well where is Nissan's Marketing department?

I had no Idea it had a badazz V8 this year, I had no idea it could be had with leather and all the other goodies, I had forgotten all about the Pathfinder until I drove the Aunt's new Armada.

A powerful V-8, Body on Frame Construction and Select on the fly 4wd? It's a heck of a value, would have been a bummer had I missed it altogether. I'd be driving a Mountaineer, 4-runner, or Explorer if I hadn't heard...

What's the deal with all the cash back on the 2008s? High gas prices keeping folks away, or is there a redesign coming soon?

She had a plan all along you see, my plan was to get her out of the old-Busted cause I was tired of the looks the neighbors gave me, watching her roll out in this old Infiniti and me in my "New-Hotness".  
smile.gif

New hotness!!! GD that is some funny $hit, sounds like me.

Nice rig you got there Rev
beerchug.gif

This time of year those seat heaters sure do go get the girls attention
cool.gif

Waaa.waaa..I want a new retirement truck so bad. Priced a Dodge Ram 1500 with my work discount and rebates. Over $11,000 off of sticker. $39.000 for $28,000. Waaa..

Well, good for you! Yup. Me jealous. Congrats.

r8

beerchug.gif

I had no Idea it had a badazz V8 this year, I had no idea it could be had with leather and all the other goodies, I had forgotten all about the Pathfinder until I drove the Aunt's new Armada.

A powerful V-8, Body on Frame Construction and Select on the fly 4wd?  It's a heck of a value, would have been a bummer had I missed it altogether.  I'd be driving a Mountaineer, 4-runner, or Explorer if I hadn't heard...

What's the deal with all the cash back on the 2008s?  High gas prices keeping folks away, or is there a redesign coming soon?
From what i can see, Nissan is spending their ad money on the Altima and new Altima coupe. Also the vehicles that get the good gas milage. I get comments all the time from people who drive an Armada, or Titan, and the Pathfinder, that they didn't have any idea how great of a vehicle they were and how nice they drive. I get tired of seeing new car ads that only talk about the rebates or other incentive programs, and nothing about the vehicle.

Thanks KS, Lobo...  Yeah things are going great, (Knocking on wood, looking around for the other shoe...)  The wife is kicking but at work, she's an ASA now, and head of special projects for a major Blue Shield.   I'm doing the Art Director thing and having fun, we are reasonably healthy (though I've been sick as a dog all week) and things are going good.

Gotta Laugh Lobo, where the importance is in vehicle buying...  I think our salesperson developed a new understanding of what might be critical to a female buyer when the wife flat refused to consider a vehicle without heated seats.  
cool.gif

This whole thing finally came to a head when I told her that the Clicking she was hearing was a CV Joint going out and that it's a pretty big deal.  Wasn't too long after that that she said she wanted to go ahead and get a new vehicle now rather than wait another two years.  She had a plan all along you see, my plan was to get her out of the old-Busted cause I was tired of the looks the neighbors gave me, watching her roll out in this old Infiniti and me in my "New-Hotness".  
smile.gif
 Wasn't that big of deal but it did bother me, especially cause she's the one making all the money, Don't get me wrong, I do just fine, bringing home more than the national Household average, but she triples my income now and it just wasn't right for her to be rolling around in the old stuff... At least not with the neighbors always seeing me on different motorcycles and in a nice car.

I'm sure the neighbors could give a damn, but it bothered me quite a bit and there was just no way I was going to add another new "thing" with her still driving the bucket.

So it's a WIN-WIN, I don't feel like a turd, and she gets a shiny new truck.  
thumb_up.gif
 It's a bonus that I think it rocks and she's excited about going 4-wheeling and camping...  
beerchug.gif
Wait....What???

Revlis cares what the neighbors think?

You've been in Seattle too long!!
jump9.gif

Just kidding, I can understand how you feel. But don't blame the neighbors.. I think it was coming from you.
winkold.gif

beerchug.gif

A powerful V-8, Body on Frame Construction and Select on the fly 4wd?  It's a heck of a value, would have been a bummer had I missed it altogether.  I'd be driving a Mountaineer, 4-runner, or Explorer if I hadn't heard...

What's the deal with all the cash back on the 2008s?  High gas prices keeping folks away, or is there a redesign coming soon?
My wife's Pathfinder has 268,000 miles on it. It still befuddles me that a little 3.0 L V6 motor pulling that 2+ ton monster around for 11 years....doesn't burn or leak a single drop of oil. Almost weird.

beerchug.gif

A powerful V-8, Body on Frame Construction and Select on the fly 4wd? It's a heck of a value, would have been a bummer had I missed it altogether. I'd be driving a Mountaineer, 4-runner, or Explorer if I hadn't heard...

What's the deal with all the cash back on the 2008s? High gas prices keeping folks away, or is there a redesign coming soon?
From what i can see, Nissan is spending their ad money on the Altima and new Altima coupe. Also the vehicles that get the good gas milage. I get comments all the time from people who drive an Armada, or Titan, and the Pathfinder, that they didn't have any idea how great of a vehicle they were and how nice they drive. I get tired of seeing new car ads that only talk about the rebates or other incentive programs, and nothing about the vehicle.
Gotcha, I would just think that Folks would like to know that Nissan has wedged their 5.6 liter V8 under the hood of the pathfinder. It trounces the 4-runners optional V8 and looks Dodge's Hemis straight in the eyes.

Not to mention the All-Mode 4WD... Very nice and works well.

Top it off with styling that I think is a nice refresh and prolly one of the best looking SUVs out there, it just seems that Nissan should be making some noise.

Would have saved the wife and I some shopping time.
smile.gif

Oh, yeah--after looking at the FJ Cruiser and the H3, I also stumbled on the Pathfinder. Looking to make a deal now, too, since they have one in "Storm Gray," which is strikingly close to the color of my 05 LE.
thumb_up.gif

Man, I had a 88, and a 93 SE, both brought new, they sure have come a long way.

Glad you took the non-turd route.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Priceless is right, man!

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

Back