IPOD question!!!  Help!

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
My daughter tells me that everytime she wants to add a song to her ipod, it re-loads ALL the songs on it. Meaning she cannot delete any of the songs she has on there or next time she updates, it'll be gone.

In an effort to clean up our computer, she inadvertantly deleted all the music (500 songs) from limewire.

3 questions;
1.) can she re-load the songs back on FROM her ipod
2.) isn't there a way to store the music in such a fashion that it doesn't take up all the room, but still works when she wants to add songs?
3.) is it that big a deal to have 500-1000 songs stored on the computer......?

I just know that if the darn thing grenades...she'll loose them all anyway. There has to be a better way

Doncha think?

In answer to #1, I think there's a way to set the iPod to Hard Drive mode. Then you just copy them over.

Nothing wrong with having 1,000's of songs on the computer. You may wish to get a new Hard Drive. They're pretty cheap now and you can get USB drives which don't require any installation time.

If it were me, I'd get a USB flash drive big enough to handle all the songs. Then take 'em all off your computer entirely.

--Wag--

lets me see what I can do hear

1) yes you can load from your Ipod but you have to have software to do it. Dont fret, its free off the web. If I had my laptop in front of me I would tell you what I use but I left it at the office. There are alot of choices out there. Free ones, just do your research.

2)best answer I can come up with much like wag BACKPACK DRIVE!!! there cheap, usb hook up and you can make them as big as you want. I have like 40 gigs of a 180 gig drive used on a backpack drive, saved my puter alot of head ach.

3) 500-1000 songs wont hurt, you more than likey wont notice till you get over 20 gigs of music. Only problem with that is backin all of it up. I sure as hell wont fit on a cd or dvd then. I have the backpack and about 6 dvd-rw`s of all mine just incase.

anything else I can maybe help with, just ask

Josh

Back