New Motorcycle is here!!!  It's unconventional

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Well as some of you know, I work for a Large Multi-Line Multi store dealership in the Northwest Selling all four Japanese Brands, Harley-Davidson and Buell. Yes I get to ride just about anything I want, borrow rental H-Ds when I want (depending on availability) and over all my job is all about bikes... Well Bikes and Bikini Models.

Anyhoo, when you are surrounded by all the same bikes all the time you start to hanker for something different, unusual. So I had decided on a Moto-Guzzi Griso. Cool Italian made Harley basically.

So I spent some time cogitating, figuring out what Color I wanted, What Mods I would make etc... With help from you fine folks I had decided that it would indeed be black, matching the Busa would be a nice effect.

So Once the wife and I got back from our Holiday Season vacation I was all set to go.

But You Know... Sometimes you get that little voice in the back of your head?

That Little Nagging Notion, a subtle undercurrent that perhaps having a Brand new Bike, that matches the Brand new car, that is parked next to your badass Busa, isn't the right move? Crazy talk I know...

But there it was, this little voice saying "Dude, you already look like a selfish creep to all the neighbors, do you really want to add to that?"
whistling.gif

Now the Wife is pretty simple, she doesn't "NEED" or "WANT" hardley ever. She just isn't worried about it. She's completely unconcerned and was looking forward to seeing my new Bike, and she "loves her car"... She was not concerned in the least that I had fancy new toys and she was driving the old N Busted. Yet there was that little voice again.

So, Without further delay, obfuscation, or backsliding Let me introduce you all to my new Motorcycle.

Neat looking isn't it? A little wide maybe... But I think I made the right choice, I'll get the Griso Next year.

IMG_2324smlgrn.jpg

Yeah, I'm going to have a hell of time leaning it into corners Though......

It's a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE V8 4X4...

310HP
388FTlbs of torque
0-60 in 7 flat.

7000lbs Towing

All sorts of Navigation, Bose, leather, B.U. Camera, Airbags, On and On.... The wife as you can see is just giddy as a School Girl.

She's been driving the old Infiniti and I was tired of having all the toys, felt bad. She Works hard, makes a lot of money and deserved a new toy. Once a CV Joint started clicking I was able to convince her that it's days were numbered and she should consider replacing it. The Small SUV idea was hers, and it works out well seeing as I drive a small coupe.

Folks she played some hardball with the area dealers, went through their internet departments and stole this truck from a different dealership down the road that didn't want to play ball. She Negotiated her own deal and let me tell you. Anyone who thinks Actuaries are socially inept only need to watch one negotiate a sales deal... Holy Crap she made me look generous. She wasn't going to be "handled", or pushed around.

IMG_2339sml.jpg

well I suppose the "ear to ear" grin is worth more than any bike..... more like "priceless"

well I suppose the "ear to ear" grin is worth more than any bike..... more like "priceless"
Exactly... "Priceless" is just what that first shot is...

I'm looking forward to heading up in the hills with it, camping, wheeling (A little), shooting... And that's part of what steered her towards the pathfinder, genuine Body on Frame, and real off-road ability. We were after a 4-runner, but Toyota didn't want to move on the retail price and we got under invoice on the Pathfinder, plus more Power so what the hell, Pathfinder it is.

Nissan is offering like $3k cash back and good interest rates on their Pathfinders, I'd recommend checking out the V8, it's a beast.

IMG_2330sml.jpg

You know what cracks me up though, it's not the 4X4 that she's excited about, it's not the 388Ftlbs or the Side curtain Airbags or the Navigation and Xm Radio or the adjustable peddles.

Nope. Apparently it's all about the heated seats and steering wheel...
rofl.gif
Yup That's what matters this time of year...

Ah well she loves it, loves being "Up High" and that is all that matters. I feel much better having her in something with Side Curtain Airbags and other Modern Safety features as well so it's a win win.

Looks great, Rev! Judging from the look on her face a very nice and wise decision. You'll both be happy (maybe a little biased since I drive its bigger brother).

Looks great, Rev! Judging from the look on her face a very nice and wise decision. You'll both be happy (maybe a little biased since I drive its bigger brother).
Nice, It was her Aunts purchase of an Armada and some time behind the wheel of that in Florida that had me wanting to look at the new pathfinders. Nissan has some good things going on, they just need to let folks know about em'.

She's very pleased with it, and it even fits in the garage. (Barely) We have a tiny little door on an otherwise decent sized 2+ Tandem Garage, so much bigger than the Pathfinder just wont work.

We drove a ton of other vehicles and the Nissan just came out as the best value right now.

Oh and Built in Tennessee which is sort of a plus as well.

In a way it's a sensible choice, we are going to be looking for some property and start building our dream home out in the woods here within the next year or so, so an actual truck is just the ticket, well a lot closer to "just the ticket" than another motorcycle would be.

This is assuming of course that the economy doesn't collapse entirely.

That is a great choice sir, I work for Nissan here in town (8 years+) and the Pathfinder is an outstanding SUV. I just traded my 88 Eldorado in on a 2000 Maxima (56,300 miles) two weeks ago tomorrow. I love it, it's not spankin brand new but it is a step up imo. Good for you for putting that priceless smile on your wife's face!!
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Thanks for the Comments folks!

Frisbee I figured I'd get a stamp of approval being as it's the right color and everything...
cool.gif

Once again the Rev amazes me.... You did right my Brother! That is one nice looking ride and I'm sure the family will benefit more from this purchase than anything else you could have brought home. Congrats..

Nope.  Apparently it's all about the heated seats and steering wheel...
rofl.gif
  Yup That's what matters this time of year...  
This is my wifes most treasured feature in her Trailblazer is the heated seats so I know what you are talking about. Who cares about the Bose sound system and the navgation radio she just wanted the heated seats.  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nice ride by the way and hope things up in your neck of the woods is going good.

laugh.gif

Thanks KS, Lobo... Yeah things are going great, (Knocking on wood, looking around for the other shoe...) The wife is kicking but at work, she's an ASA now, and head of special projects for a major Blue Shield. I'm doing the Art Director thing and having fun, we are reasonably healthy (though I've been sick as a dog all week) and things are going good.

Gotta Laugh Lobo, where the importance is in vehicle buying... I think our salesperson developed a new understanding of what might be critical to a female buyer when the wife flat refused to consider a vehicle without heated seats.
cool.gif

This whole thing finally came to a head when I told her that the Clicking she was hearing was a CV Joint going out and that it's a pretty big deal. Wasn't too long after that that she said she wanted to go ahead and get a new vehicle now rather than wait another two years. She had a plan all along you see, my plan was to get her out of the old-Busted cause I was tired of the looks the neighbors gave me, watching her roll out in this old Infiniti and me in my "New-Hotness".
smile.gif
Wasn't that big of deal but it did bother me, especially cause she's the one making all the money, Don't get me wrong, I do just fine, bringing home more than the national Household average, but she triples my income now and it just wasn't right for her to be rolling around in the old stuff... At least not with the neighbors always seeing me on different motorcycles and in a nice car.

I'm sure the neighbors could give a damn, but it bothered me quite a bit and there was just no way I was going to add another new "thing" with her still driving the bucket.

So it's a WIN-WIN, I don't feel like a turd, and she gets a shiny new truck.
thumb_up.gif
It's a bonus that I think it rocks and she's excited about going 4-wheeling and camping...
beerchug.gif

Back