Rev's Bike Hunt 2007.  Harder than I thought

The Most difficult part is getting over the reduction in output. You go from the King of the Mountain, all power everywhere, to 65HP... Not an easy step.
smile.gif

I still think the KTM would be the best choice for what you are saying but if YOUR work dictates what YOU can buy
argue.gif

Other than another rocket I don't know what else would be fun , Just get an 08 busa.

Man,
Honestly I was thinking Moto Guzzi before I got to the list or seeing the picture. They are really sexy looking. I was in Milan a few years ago and saw one pimped out with Ohlins, header wrap, and upgraded Brembo brakes along with a lot of other bling components. I asked the guy riding it if he managed to get more speed out of it but he said it was all looks and attitude.

The Ducati retro models sure look cool, but you would suffer tremendously as the ergos are very aggressive. They really are built like a classic cafe racer and will have you in a push-up position at all times. Talk about pain.

Did you check out the Triumph rocket? It may have a good combination of ergos and respectable power.

I think I'll be taking a drive this weekend and head down towards Tacoma and see if I can find a Griso, I gotta answer that question, It is just pretty cool looking.

As for the Rocket.... Um Not even on a bet.
smile.gif
I'm not going into detail, but yeah, I'm out, although it would satisfy my quirky and weird condition.

Hey Rev, do you know that little Aprillia shop in Seattle just down the street from Aurora Suzuki?, last time I was there I walked up the street to the Thai food place for curry while the stealership f-ed up my frame slider install. That little Aprillia place had a Griso parked around the side for sale. There was also some pimped out BMW's and an rsv-r inside. they all seemed pretty cool there too.

I have ridden the ST1300, great bike, and the Buell Ulissies, fun but I like to ride all day and dont think I could stand the vibrations. I really like the new Kaw Concourse 14, I think it would probably be my choice, but I would keep my Busa also. Good luck in your choice, take your time and get the bike that you really want.
smile.gif

I have ridden the ST1300, great bike, and the Buell Ulissies, fun but I like to ride all day and dont think I could stand the vibrations. I really like the new Kaw Concourse 14, I think it would probably be my choice, but I would keep my Busa also. Good luck in your choice, take your time and get the bike that you really want.
smile.gif
Fortunately it's getting cold and rainy up here, tends to remove any sense of urgency I had. So I should be able to play it cool and find the right machine for me...

I'm just looking forward to having something that makes me want to get out there and ride around aimlessly.

Back