New Member - Old Rider - Reviving a Gen1 in West Tennessee

Syclone1514

Registered
I’m new to the forum. Been riding for too many years to count. I just bought my first Busa. It’s a Gen1 that was just sitting and wasting away. I want to breath new life into her. I’m petty handy with the mechanic side of things. I got the bike running. Seems to run and shift good. It sure is ugly. I’m going to just replace all plastics. One issue is that when I measured the wheelbase I get 62”. So it has been extended. I want to get it all back stock so I need stock swing arm, plastics, seat, exhaust and mufflers, to start with. I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction to get what I need. Maybe a good used stock swing arm and exhaust? Look forward into participating in the forum. Just an FYI….my main bike is a Concours 14……..so don’t hate me!!!!!!!

- Keith

Last edited:
Welcome, and need pics of the swingarm, that is on the bike?
As for a stocker i have a few
As for the C14 Many members here have gone that route, myself included, Just sold it and back to raising hell

Welcome, and need pics of the swingarm, that is on the bike?
As for a stocker i have a few
As for the C14 Many members here have gone that route, myself included, Just sold it and back to raising hell
Thanks. I'll get closeups. It has a big fat tire on rear. Here are pics I have currently. It has Voodoo exhaust I think.

20211019_130646.jpg

20211019_130639.jpg

20211019_130625.jpg

20211019_130612.jpg

20211019_130606.jpg

20211019_130657.jpg

20211019_130636.jpg

Wow; what did you have to pay for a gem like that?
Nice find though, I enjoy bringing them back from the dead too.

Going back to stock. It runs great, and new plastics will cheer her up. I did get her for a song.
...running great is a real good sign....all the rest is cosmetic....unfortunately those plastics are expensive unless you go with "Chinesium" plastics...then they are reasonably priced and some have found them to fit well.

Back