New Forum Member

Stang

Registered
Hello to everyone! I do not currently have a Busa but I am seriously considering purchasing one. I’ 59 yrs. old and I live in SW Fl. My first bike was a 1982 Yamaha Maxim 400. What a blast I had on that bike! I’ve owned 23 motorcycles in total including a 2000 busa. I currently have a 23 Heritage Classic and my 23 GSXR 750RZ was stolen in September after I owned it for only 6 weeks. Anyway…I’m looking hard at a 23 or 24 busa. My local dealer does not allow demo rides even for serious buyers so I’m heading to the Orlando, Daytona area to check out and hopefully demo a bike and bring it back home. Just wanted to give my introduction and I’m enjoying ready through the forums. I’ll be sure to post my new busa after my purchase.

Welcome - are you looking for new or slightly used?
I'm sure you're aware there are some used '22's and '23's out there with 1K or 2K miles on the OD that can be had for thousands less than new, and they are the same bike. No added dealer markup, no delivery fees, etc.

Welcome from this old fart.

C950BC71-DC62-4259-AC10-0CBEBCA640C4.jpeg

Wow a yamaha 400 maximum! That was my first bike also! Your right it was a blast it had 100 miles on it from the dealer. It died after 2 engine rebuild and 400k miles, I miss it. But it got me into touring bikes alot being the ninja had just came out in 1986 and I had better gas mileage 220 with reserve. Now I have the busa and I still get same millage and lots of fun welcome to the forum and enjoy you baby if ya get one

Wow a yamaha 400 maximum! That was my first bike also! Your right it was a blast it had 100 miles on it from the dealer. It died after 2 engine rebuild and 400k miles, I miss it. But it got me into touring bikes alot being the ninja had just came out in 1986 and I had better gas mileage 220 with reserve. Now I have the busa and I still get same millage and lots of fun welcome to the forum and enjoy you baby if ya get one
My dad had a 400 Maxim as well...a red one...he traded it for a 650 Maxim which was a stellar bike, then came an 1100 Midnight Special....

He was a Yamaha guy.....

My dad had a 400 Maxim as well...a red one...he traded it for a 650 Maxim which was a stellar bike, then came an 1100 Midnight Special....

He was a Yamaha guy.....
Yep. They made them in red and black. The red was hard to find back in the day. It was a great street bike to learn on.

Welcome - are you looking for new or slightly used?
I'm sure you're aware there are some used '22's and '23's out there with 1K or 2K miles on the OD that can be had for thousands less than new, and they are the same bike. No added dealer markup, no delivery fees, etc.
I’m considering a 22 or 23 with low mileage as well. I’ve been searching Cycle Trader looking for good deals. I prefer not to travel very far but I will if it’s worth it.

Welcome from central Florida. I have a 22 white Hayabusa that I love and is a great motorcycle, and I just bought a brand new 23 ZX14 two weeks ago that I’ve only rode home from the dealership and parked it. Doing upgrades, Heli bars, throttle lock, quad lock and my new windscreen is supposed to arrive tomorrow. You will love the gen 3, I have these same upgrades including drop pegs and I can easily do all day rides with no trouble. Good luck with your purchase.

36B58B59-2924-4CA5-9A5E-C873AB7B304D.jpeg

Back