New member of the family

Red05

Donating Member
Registered
First of all, a huge thanks to Paul (GMbusa) and his wife Susan (dreamin_of_riding). They were awesome, even offered to pick us up at the airport at midnight, which was too much to ask. They were kind enough to come pick us up at the hotel, so we could finish our quest.

My wife Deb also deserves some sort of award, for putting up with me, even making all the arrangements for our trip. We flew into Baltimore late Thursday evening and got up early Friday morning for a day at in Washington DC. Deb had been there before so she was the guide. We walked ALL day, seeing every landmark I've yearned to see since I was a kid. I was stupid enough to use my camera phone on some, so the quality is not so good. We visited the Capital first
IMG_0516.jpg
Everywhere in DC, preparations were going on for Rolling Thunder, an annual rally in tribute to our veterans. The veterans presented President Bush with a leather vest on Sunday, but we missed it as we needed to get back. We then walked to the Lincoln Memorial
0523081850.jpg
, and the Arlington Cemetery, which will mist up anybody's eyes...
0523081808.jpg
. We then went up the tower of the old post office, and I got a far away picture of the Washington Monument
IMG_0512.jpg
, which is near Honest Abe's Memorial. We took a break for lunch so I treated Deb to a gourmet meal
IMG_0520.jpg
. She really does deserve some sort of award...we walked towards the White House but our Left Wing Aura combined with road construction and the fact that we were both bushed, led us back to the hotel after a dinner of pizza and beer. We met Paul and Deb the next morning, to pick up our transportation home. We left Virginia at about noon, and made it to Cambridge Ohio, where the motel room was nice and cozy...
IMG_0522.jpg
. We left early the next morning, and with some determination made it to the St Louis Airport, where our truck waited. Loaded and ready to head home...
IMG_0525.jpg

I really want to convey a huge thanks to Paul for all the work he put into this bike. Pictures don't do it justice, and mechanically, well, I can't seem to stop smiling
smile.gif
It got us home safely and confidently, and deserves a rest in out patio today (since it's raining anyway)....

IMG_0527.JPG

beerchug.gif

Very cool, Paul! You're right, the bike is beautiful! I got to see it a couple years ago at the Bash. I'm glad it found a great home!

beerchug.gif

Very cool, Paul!  You're right, the bike is beautiful!  I got to see it a couple years ago at the Bash.  I'm glad it found a great home!
Thank you. sir. I hope the storms last night didn't get in your area. We drove through what seemed like a monsoon, found out later a tornado touched down in the area near Rolla last night.

beerchug.gif

Very cool, Paul! You're right, the bike is beautiful! I got to see it a couple years ago at the Bash. I'm glad it found a great home!
Thank you. sir. I hope the storms last night didn't get in your area. We drove through what seemed like a monsoon, found out later a tornado touched down in the area near Rolla last night.
We just had some good, heavy thunder storms. Lots of rain, wind, lighting, and thunder. It's still raining here. Glad that you made it home OK!

Thanks, PADEROLIS and NK...it's been a very hectic last 3 days but every time I look in the patio,
smile.gif

congrats on a successful trip...i'm glad you made it home safely
beerchug.gif

Thanks, guys. The trip was great but we were very pressed time wise. Deb and I both want to spend at least a week or ten days in the northeast next time.

It was great to meet You and Deb. From the looks of it, you guys did more walking around DC than i've done in my whole life living here. It was alot harder than i anticipated to let the 04' go, But i know it's gone to good hands. Keep the pics coming.

Wow, great pics! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. And the bike..wow. What more can I say? Congrats!

Glad you made it home safely and bought that bike before I had to give it some serious consideration!
laugh.gif
Enjoy because it will definitely be a blast for you.

Paul: Is that the beauty on which you're putting the pillion seat I'm sending you tomorrow?

Stunning...congratulations.
bowdown.gif

Scar

Congrats! That's a beautiful bike for sure!
Wish we would have known you were in the area we could have shared a hot dog with ya!
winkold.gif

Deb

Back