New member from Scotland :)

:welcome:Bert. Looks like you got yourself a Ghost Rider busa!
Yeah always wanted a fighter mate, grew up in the 90s and never got one. Midlife crisis time hahaha.
Rubb re the exhausta im not sure mate. Im trying pipe but they also touch the rearsets. I was going to get new lower rearsets so may be an issue. Ill suss something out.

Yeah always wanted a fighter mate, grew up in the 90s and never got one. Midlife crisis time hahaha.
Rubb re the exhausta im not sure mate. Im trying pipe but they also touch the rearsets. I was going to get new lower rearsets so may be an issue. Ill suss something out.
I grew up reading Back Street Heroes.(all about street fighters) Awesome mag.Used to build my own line of custom metric choppers using Yam XV's,Suzuki Intruders,Honda Shadows,GSXR's,Ninja's,etc...had fun.Ya with rearsets you could have some issues.I have on a set of Arashi rearsets.Can't kick the side stand down,have to flip it out by hand. :laugh: You could always get a muffler shop to put some bends in it.Some of those guys are magicians.
Rubb.

I grew up reading Back Street Heroes.(all about street fighters) Awesome mag.Used to build my own line of custom metric choppers using Yam XV's,Suzuki Intruders,Honda Shadows,GSXR's,Ninja's,etc...had fun.Ya with rearsets you could have some issues.I have on a set of Arashi rearsets.Can't kick the side stand down,have to flip it out by hand. :laugh: You could always get a muffler shop to put some bends in it.Some of those guys are magicians.
Rubb.
Haha streetfighter mag for me :) always had boobs and bikes hahaha great mag!
Aye ill get a welder mate to sort something once this craps over. Bloody lockdown.
Had to remove the lambda as well, just sticking in a resistor atm but ill look into mapping it out at some point. Almost bought a roaring toys single sided swing arm setup but the lad wouldnt drop 33 quid to meet in the middle tbf building a 7x3m outbuilding atm so it was tight with money anyhow.

Freakin' brilliant. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Yeah they stopped it. I'd take a 5 year sub if they offered it again paid day 1 hahaha.
I think they stopped as people stopped buying magazines. Shame as it was good. Same as the car ones went I guess :(

Yeah they stopped it. I'd take a 5 year sub if they offered it again paid day 1 hahaha.
I think they stopped as people stopped buying magazines. Shame as it was good. Same as the car ones went I guess :(

Can’t you guys petition the courts or somebody to get rid of those billboard license plates? They look bigger than the ones on cars and lorries.

Can’t you guys petition the courts or somebody to get rid of those billboard license plates? They look bigger than the ones on cars and lorries.
Nowt we can do and as soon as you use a smaller one its a fine and points. I cant be bothered looking for grief but yes I agree, its a bit silly isnt it! A lot run small ones but Ive had enough issues with the police in the past to ask for more. They even now inspect for flip plates/ability to flip or hide plates and even if your not using it, they can do you.

Aye I have friends who were in that scene but its not for me. Family man these days :)
Aye...yer a good man. Better off leaving the boozin,' womanizing and the like to them other crazy bastids. I knew a guy once who was into all that crazy shid. :laugh:
Rubb.

@Bert Sweet action mate. Got yer lines and other bits. :thumbsup:
Aftermarket clock looks way cool. I want one. Headlamp looks good !
Leave the mis-matched forks...adds character. :D Did you get the brain box sorted?
Rubb.

Yeah rubb its mapped :) i want to do it live on the dyno with ade now the exhausts etc are on... but 1 thing at a time :)
Managed to get coffman short cans for £50 from a gen 2 and made them fit - will do until either 4-1 or turbo can be afforded :)
Hopefully i can pick her up at the weekend and get more pics. I know its not to everyones taste... esp americans... but i do love a fighter. I hate all the bling and speakers on bikes personally haha.
Headlamp wise im considering lsl urban or superduke eventually.
Any ideas on a good degreaser? She's badly needing a clean.

For a de-greaser that can be sprayed on everything is a tough call. If you want a potent cleaner for different things you will need several products,IMO. Whats OK for the motor,might not be OK for the paint/plastic or the O-rings in the chain.Whats good for paint,won't clean a chain,etc.If you wanted a "One does All" I like S100 products.

Was the Koso dial a bugger to wire up? I'm sure they don't sell a "plug n' play" for the Busa do they? That had to be a bit of tricky wiring. So much goes thru those clocks and pick-ups from the speed sensor for example would be hard pressed to match 100%. Things like the oil warning lamp are just basically on/off switches. Is it all adjustable for things like the gear indicator and accurate tach readings? For speedo,GPS,yes?
Important bit of info: The Koso doesn't have a petrol meter or a "1 gallon left" lamp. Are you going to fab something up or just monitor it yourself by way of distance travelled x KM/per liter?

When "live mapping" as you put it, with those Coffman shorties have your tech pay extra attention to those. They flow pretty wide open. Have you removed the pair valve and plugged the hose? Or it will backfire on decel.Have your tech really chop the throttle a bunch before it comes off the dyno.
You did a drop in air filter too right? K & N,BMC or similar? Did you mod the box as well?

She's been sitting a while,any attention paid to the fuel system IE the injectors?

Any reason for the photo of the fuse box and relay? Question?

Have you considered screens for the rad and oil cooler? I like 'em on fighters because the coolers are so "up front" and in your face. I wasn't sure if all the plastics were going back on or not.

Yer right about the North American and other markets not being too fond of the fighter look. Japan does a decent job of those wanting a naked bike or half faired bike like the SV's and Bandits,the new Katana and of course the BKing.Sort of the lazy way, a fighter off the factory floor. Be interesting to know who takes credit for the first fighter...my guess being born out of necessity after a crash...plastics,etc are pricey.

I like 'em thou...the sky's the limit the eh....
Rubb.

Too much bling for you this first one...but that exo frame and single sided.

wow.jpg

f3.jpg
f1.jpg
f2.jpeg

Nah they dont sell a plug and play, to be honest I got my mate Ade to do it as hes a genius - he also hid the fuses etc. I will get better pics when I get the bike back. He also didnt remove the OEM dash plug so I can still plug it in for codes etc :)
I will look out for the s100 stuff thank you, shes minging :(
GPS Speedo on the arse at the minute, I may change location if it works under the tail.
I think there is a fuel lamp but Iwill need to check up.
The pair valves bypassed by a previous owner :)
Its a piperx filter - high flow but im not sure if the mod was done, how do I tell?:)
Fuse box and relay pic as they were in the front fairing, now moved :)
Rad etc I have considered screens for, but tbh they look a bit knackered anyhow so I may spray them black for now and go the billet route with guard later.
The top pic - GIA or spondon is what I vwanted, but I got a quote... 8k :o - maybe I could sell one of the kids or the wife.
My mate has a spondon and turbo busas, 750 with 1216 turbo, 1100 turbos etc etc. Lovely bloke and thats where my bike is atm :)
Shes only sat a few months, injectors will be fine. Was on the dyno earlier in the thread and regualy started/blipped :)
Theres a roaring toyz single sided on ebay that keeps going 450, 495, 600 etc each time its relisted but its a gen 2 and I would have to consider the shock or I would have bought it already.

As for plastics are pricey.... so is building a fighter these days hahaha - one day :) Icant wait to get her back and plan the next mods and get her out for a ride :)

Back