on the dyno after all

that is done ,
and the fork
seals etc .

:poke:

Bert

Registered
Decent dyno result
Cheers, going to try messing with the ECU as soon as I'm out of quarantine. Found an old set of damos/Def's and ktag should read/write so we are going to have a play :) that can should bolt on for 10-15bhp as well and I hadn't realised the bike had a cat - so 163 it ended up as with 135nm yesterday on a stock ( bar slip ones ) 15 year old bike ain't bad :)

Yellow09

Registered
tbh mate as long as shes running spot on I see no need for huge numbers... seen ones at 190ish bhp hitting sub 9's on the quarter mile.
...but we all crave bigger numbers...if not, we'd leave them bone stock.

It's easy and fun to do on these bikes thankfully.

I recall the days of reading a bike had 100hp and it was like "holy crap", now 100hp is pretty mundane...I also remember the tee shirts saying "Life begins at 150mph" being a big thing.....

Good times, good times.....

Bert

Registered
...but we all crave bigger numbers...if not, we'd leave them bone stock.

It's easy and fun to do on these bikes thankfully.

I recall the days of reading a bike had 100hp and it was like "holy crap", now 100hp is pretty mundane...I also remember the tee shirts saying "Life begins at 150mph" being a big thing.....

Good times, good times.....
There was once a thing in the UK called the " ton up boys " - bikes doing 100mph were the badboys lol - times change. TBH I am quite a tame rider anyway atm. I need to get a good few thousand miles before I start pushing her :)

Yellow09

Registered
There was once a thing in the UK called the " ton up boys " - bikes doing 100mph were the badboys lol - times change. TBH I am quite a tame rider anyway atm. I need to get a good few thousand miles before I start pushing her :)
I remember the days of bragging about going 100mph...we all had 2 strokes at the time and 100 mph was a big deal...

Funny that now I have bike that will almost do that in first gear...

Bert

Registered
Bert everything as good as it can be over there? Reference to the Corona Virus. Rubb.
View attachment 1615383

Getting worse tbh mate, people are ignoring the gov and pubs refusing to shut etc. Tbh I'm glad I stopped the drink, looking back I had a major problem and the bike was part of recovery. 15 weeks sober now and I'm spending drink money on the bike instead :)

Bert

Registered
Right, so decided I was bored today and on lockdown so thought... lets have a look at this ECU shall we....
Firstly I found it needs a " special " cable.... but I managed to get a pinout etc instead so here it is incase anyone else ever needs it.

1 - brown
2 - red
5 - blue
6 - black
7 - yellow
8 - green

Fired up my chinky Ktag after molesting a few cables I had lying about...

Pressed read and prayed it worked ( bum twitchy moment I tell you :p )

SO! read it as seperate files and as 1 so time to see whats in there :)
.... if anyone happens to have a damos set for it, or a mapped file for a gen 1 this ecu please let me know, I would like to compare. I will attempt romraider first if it will open a Ktag file.

read2.jpg

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mdtiger1