New member from Scotland :)

Aye it came with that, I may remove it. I was also looking at shed built ones yesterday night, would be as cheap as a decent exhaust.... decisions decisions!
TBH the thing scares me on WOT as it is, turbo ones must be insane!
You want my and probably the whole .org's opinion...?? Remove that turbo decal....it will go faster without it or with an actual turbo...

I rode a turbo Hayabusa once and that's when I found out one would be wasted on me.

Aye it will be coming off, I installed it after 2 bottles of wine yesterday tbh and still need to tidy the wiring as well etc The cowl is also broke, ordered one yesterday.
Theres also an odd green light in the middle above the numberplate lamp - not wired in. I assume it was running dual maps or an immobiliser or something? Never seen one like it before tbh.

Here it is on the previous owners bike - he was competing in a fastest wheelie comp.

94731541_689748578454829_4555691297133821952_n.png

All them mod's using only a drill and a hammer...you've got mad skills Bert.

I'm pretty much all about basic hand tools me self.

They'll never take our Busa's or our

Sharp bike bro. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Hahaha thats a heat gun not a drill :p
I had the axe out yesterday.... thats why Im missing a shed today :o - make way for a new improved huger shed lol.
Should have warmed the exhaust to get the lambda out first but I forgot.
Seems USA bikes dont even have a lambda on gen 1 but EU does. Be off and mapped out once it stops raining :)
She's fairly getting lighter as well, the exhausts weigh a ton! So did the orig subframe.
I think once I get the wide bars on she will handle a lot better/suited to my body shape/size, the seat made a masive difference :)
You have a swipe of the lad from the pawnstars show, Rick I think his name is in that pic hahahaha

Hahaha thats a heat gun not a drill :p
I had the axe out yesterday.... thats why Im missing a shed today :o - make way for a new improved huger shed lol.
Should have warmed the exhaust to get the lambda out first but I forgot.
Seems USA bikes dont even have a lambda on gen 1 but EU does. Be off and mapped out once it stops raining :)
She's fairly getting lighter as well, the exhausts weigh a ton! So did the orig subframe.
I think once I get the wide bars on she will handle a lot better/suited to my body shape/size, the seat made a masive difference :)
You have a swipe of the lad from the pawnstars show, Rick I think his name is in that pic hahahaha

Heat gun DOH! Where did I put me fuggin' spectacles.
Losing the exhaust is huge. Thats the only reason I went turbo. :D
Early Busa's had an' alluminum sub frame. A drag racing fella wanted mine in a bad way,so I tore the azz apart and mailed it to him,he mailed me his steel one. The steel one was better for the fat lass's anyway.:p
I do look a little like Rick don't I.....'course i'm hella lot sexier than him.

I met him once...way back when. I was in better shape then...

Rick is smart too,jus like me...He is all over this Covid Crap

Well back to yer thread me brudda....Rubb out.

Hi all, just got myself a 2005 hayabusa quite cheap, no 6th gear so its getting a gearbox rebuild next week or so, rolling road, derestricted etc. Just trying to get her right. A couple local lads are doing it for me as they know what they are doing.
I have been riding about 3 years ( not too much I know ) and had a gsxr750m, fzr1000 exup, WR450f and this bike is something else, the power is insane. She's definately one to be careful with but I found it a lot better fit of a bike for my size/build. Absolutely gorgeous motors.
Here she is...
View attachment 1614284
Welcome!! I recently picked up an 05 as well, though not even sure if I have a 6th gear lol

uurrgghhhhh bought 2 stubby exhausts, coffman? got them cheap from a gen 2 and assumed same piipe size..... no. they are identical inlet/outlet. Is there an easy solution to make them fit? maybe a slightly bigger one to join them both?

Hi all, just got myself a 2005 hayabusa quite cheap, no 6th gear so its getting a gearbox rebuild next week or so, rolling road, derestricted etc. Just trying to get her right. A couple local lads are doing it for me as they know what they are doing.
I have been riding about 3 years ( not too much I know ) and had a gsxr750m, fzr1000 exup, WR450f and this bike is something else, the power is insane. She's definately one to be careful with but I found it a lot better fit of a bike for my size/build. Absolutely gorgeous motors.
Here she is...
View attachment 1614284
Love the colors!

Shes a wee bit ruff around the edges but I will see what the proffesionals say when they look it over. Fairings were mostly tie wrapped instead of the little rivets and have marks etc but its not a new bike :) All in time. Is also has bar risers on, not sure which make etc, just cheap looking plastic spacers I think. Might consider superbike bars in the future as im getting old an fat haha :)

**WELCOME**

You may need these

*AMAZON* has some these Xitomer Full Sets Fairing Bolts Kits, for Suzuki GSX1300R HAYABUSA 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007, Mounting Kits Washers/Nuts/Fastenings/Clips/Grommets (Matte Black)

Well attacked her at the weekend.
Sliders on.
Rear stand bobins on.
Starter cover half on... need allen bolts.
Fairings all off.
Still waiting for the risers, brake lines etc here. Still waiting for rear cowel. Ordered koso dials and fatbar holder, and gps speedo.

20200524_131044.jpg

20200524_131036.jpg

20200524_131030.jpg

uurrgghhhhh bought 2 stubby exhausts, coffman? got them cheap from a gen 2 and assumed same piipe size..... no. they are identical inlet/outlet. Is there an easy solution to make them fit? maybe a slightly bigger one to join them both?
way easy solution prolly available at your local muffler shop or car/bike parts store. A small pipe to slip over both ends.Just measure your O.D. and buy a piece with that I.D. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Back