New member from Scotland :)

thanks, more developments. swingarm, caliper mounts and a couple of small parts off for powdercoating. new bearings ordered for thier return

200.gif

well thats the swingarm back from the powder coaters, looking nice and a few other parts.
im waiting for a swingarm adapter for my abba stand and will remove the busa front end, and sell it, to re coup some funds.

the subframe for the 1098 seat arrived and wow, its really narrow and will need serious alterations to fit the frame. the seat also will be a pain as there is no front mount for the seat to attach to the subframe as it simply slots into the back of the tank in the ducati.

ive fitted all new wheel bearings, swingarm bearings etc so everything should be nice and tight.
no idea where im gonna fit the battery, cdi, etc etc, because the duke subframe is as minimalist as it gets, hmmm the gsxr route would have been much easier, but its been done to death. i'll get some pics when its looking interesting.

well after waiting about a month for a seat unit from Germany ,it turns out its been at customs, with held till they rape me for import VAT, clearance "fee"and customs duty, total of 65quid. b*stards. and to top it off- it doesnt fit......turns out its off a streetfighter, which must have a wider back seat, shorter subframe and different undertray. so its going back to the fatherland and Herman will also have to pay import duty....i managed to get another one ordered today and a rear light, might get this sorted by summer.

one step forwards, 3 steps back

errrrrrrrrr, nope,not even close
5.JPG

8.JPG

200.gif

never got my import duty back, and had to pay export duty, so thanks Brexshit for that.
progress is slow, the welder man is busy and not having much time to finish this off.
im waiting for a battery box, the mounting of the cdi, brake res tab, and exhaust hanger, as well as pillion pegs to get mounted.
so far im happy but im going to make an infil piece between the frame and underside of the seat to tidy it up a bit.

then front and back ends can go on, seat can be re-upholstered,bike can be painted etc etc, you know how it is...

bus1.jpg

bus2.jpg

bus3.jpg

well, ive been desperate to get on with this, but its slow progress, my dreams of riding it this year slowly ebbing away.....boo hoo.
its been with the welder a while, and after fitting the subframe he made up a battery box/cdi holder, but it was too low. im sure i told him i was putting busa swinger back in there, so out it all came again and now its tucked well up out of the place, but only after more subframe mods. At least now it doesnt resemble a baboons arse, and wont hit the top brace of the swingarm.

hes also sorting my exhaust out, blocking the unused sensor hole and adapting the connection by sleeving it with springs, instead of the hideous metal connector bracket.

im hoping to get it home in the next week or so and then i can get on with the seat mods, recovered, but thicker/higher, for a bit of comfort, fabbing up filler piece between bottom of seat and frame, then paint, front end swap and back end swap.
going to be busy

booosa 1.jpg

booosa.jpg

200.gif

yes well, .....finally got the swingarm in, looks sweet as with the white R1 wheels.
unfortunately the caliper hits the wheel with a TL1000s carrier so im getting a one off disc made in busa size so i can use the busa carrier, which doesnt hit the wheel.
roaring toyz swinger sold within about 10 minutes of advertising it (too cheap), but hey ho, its gone.
then new R1 front end to go in, to rid my eyes of having to look at the different coloured fork legs, once and for all. just have to figure out a way to support it while removing the yokes etc.

bus5.JPG

bus6.JPG

its an abba stand mate, they fit all bikes, just need different inserts.
work a treat.

i got the yokes off and guess what? despite some interweb "experts " saying R1 and busa yokes - they are interchangable, ......they aint. busa shaft is 20mm longer, different offsets and different fork widths, ....so i could either press stems out and change them, then get yokes powder coated etc, which sounds like a expense for something thats still gonna look meh!, or....................................... so i decided to bite the bullet and just treat myself to some billet lovelies..

8 week wait tho, and cost a few quid but what the heck.......................... yolo.
1665433103725.png

1665433103725.png

Back