New member from Scotland :)

Some progress :D - seems the new rear is 48 teeth and mine was 40. Longer chain ordered, tbh I wont be over 154mph anyhow and it will get there like a maniac hahaha :)
busa.jpg

Some progress :D - seems the new rear is 48 teeth and mine was 40. Longer chain ordered, tbh I wont be over 154mph anyhow and it will get there like a maniac hahaha :)
View attachment 1629679
You will need the extra 'strap' option so you don't go flying off the back when you whack the "go fast handle" Going over that kind of speed is a real rarity unless you are on a track anyway...

View attachment 1629679
Whats on the countershaft sprocket mate? Going up 5 teeth(from stock) on the back...:crazy: you will be all the way thru the gearbox before the end of the block.:laugh: You'll get tremendous mileage out of the front tire thou,it won't be on the ground that much. Fuel economy will go right out the window.
Have fun with it,
Rubb.

Stock front, +8 on a gen 1 rubb how are you mate?
It might not work well i dunno, tbh the arm had a 48 with it and my chain was worn. I had the choice of sprocket and chain, or just chain so went cheap
Fuel economy isn't really an issue tbh, I dont often go long runs, more short blasts :)

Stock front, +8 on a gen 1 rubb how are you mate?
It might not work well i dunno, tbh the arm had a 48 with it and my chain was worn. I had the choice of sprocket and chain, or just chain so went cheap
Fuel economy isn't really an issue tbh, I dont often go long runs, more short blasts :)
I'm OK. Struggling with a few things right now. My mates been kicked out of his shop space(been there 33 years) new owner doesn't like us. Cant find a new spot...all up in the air.We are dumping hundreds of pounds of parts in the scrap bin everyday. Its breaking his heart...and mine.I got all the service bikes finished up for him...now,who knows. 14 days to be out. Weather has turned to krap. Busa insurance runs out tomorrow at midnight,cant afford to re-insure right now. Eh...what can you do. How's yer health,doggie,etc?
Rubb.

Ohh god that sounds terrible :(
whats caused this? Covid? Cant bin parts, cant he get a container or similar short term? ebay parts etc? fill sheds, garages, anything!
Health wise is a balancing act tbh but im getting there :)
Retarded dog still has a cone on.... he escaped other week through ( yes, straight through ) the gate and opened his wound up again.... but is almost healed now thankfully and insurance kicked in! Cant wait to take the moron a walk, its been about 2 months since he was able to be walked.

Dog's probably going stir crazy,2 months is a long time for a dog to be inactive. When one of my Rottweilers had a cone on it lasted one day,the Malamute/Wolf cross chewed it off her. :laugh: I sure miss them.
Kodiac...

aa2.jpg

Ripley

aa1.jpg

Atlas

aa4.jpg

Aila when she was a pup. She didn't take any krap from the older,bigger dogs.

aa3.jpg

Mates shop is closing because the new owner doesn't want a bike shop.He's letting all the other shops stay.We were thinking storage,but with a collection of 33 years of bikes,parts (old and new) in a 4000 sq ft shop...storing it is to costly when we are not open for business. We have moved about 20 bikes to his house along with what he wants to keep and have about 800 sq ft of storage for some parts and equipment like the tools, lathe,milling machine,drill press,welders,torches,tire machine,etc etc etc. It will all sit unused till who-knows-when. Till then no income.It really sukks mate.
Rubb.

Bonnie dogs :)
Why no bike shop? If rent was paid I see no issue.
Yeah thats not going to be easy moving all that right enough :( I hope you find a solution.
Did you work there then?

The shop owner and I have been friends for 30 years. I just help him out when I can ( I do it for free).
The lease on the place was never re-newed from 1988.(last time a legal lease was in place) so even if there was a lease,it would now be defunk with the sale of the building to new ownership. The previous building owner had no issue with us. This new guy is a d!ck.
Rubb.

Well some more progress :D
Rev counters programmed.
Side panels cut to suit - Anyone know where I would find rubbers for them? I cant find my tub of bits :(
Brake installed and bled.
Suzuki clutch lever fitted ( chinese levers didnt work very well ) - When I have more money I may go brembo.
oil leak hopefully sorted - been a pest that one has.
New rad on.
exhaust hanger done.
Gear linkage sorted.

Probly more Ive forgotten but woooo :D
126026721_387819779003125_2440926105821110723_n.jpg
126051121_3655871484506811_6947258236222395970_n.jpg
126060185_717763415759932_4896991169935653935_n.jpg

Tank will eventually go blue, and carbon front guard :)
Loads.... LOADS to be done yet but I will get there by the time petrols banned haha

Back