New member from Canada

DaveM

Registered
Hi, I’m from a bit west of Toronto and just picked up a 2005 with 18,000 km on it. Pretty stock overall with slip ons. I’ve had a few bikes over the years, CBR 954rr, CBR 600f4i, GSXR 750, ZX11 and a few others. Always wanted a busa and finally decided it was time. Not really into modding it too much, am mostly looking for weekend touring and the occasional spirited ride when I have free time. Have changed the oil and coolant, have a chain to put on this weekend.

Would love to find some hard side bags if anyone knows of any.

Here is a pic from the day I picked it up, was pretty cold so I used a friends van.

Dave

75756163-023F-48D0-BAC1-26E26BCC019F.png

Congrats and welcome! Already a nice bike, but there a lots of things that can and have been done. Once you read more and get to know some of the folks here the modding thing just kind of takes over.

Welcome and a nice low mileage unmolested example you found. :thumbsup: Still has reflectors! :D As for mods, most do them but they’re not really necessary. It’s already a Hayabusa! Unless you need the rear seat for a passenger, side bags aren’t necessary for touring (and) they’re ugly.:crazy: :D My tankbag and 22” seatbag are good for ten+ days on the road w/o the need for a laundromat or a clothing store.:)

Now that is how we like to meet new members . . . with info and pics!
Welcome along. . . you'll fit in here just fine, nice clean bike, you'll have it all modded out in no time lol !

@WuzzaCBXRider
22" Seatbag?
Brand?

Its been years since I bought it but the label and zipper tabs say Thor. Has six outer pockets and has a circular top zipper. Measures 22x14x10. Made of ballistic nylon and quite water repellent. After installing the seat and bar I criss cross two HD bungie cords on extended Frankenstein bolts (so the hooks don’t rub the paint) and use two nets over the bag attached to each other so I can expand them to hold extra gear If needed, a cover, Frog Toggs,

jacket or overpants for example. It’s no wider than the widest part of the bike, like it’s not even there, and packed soft towards the rider, makes for a nice backrest.

Welcome fellow Canuck and great looking bike.

This is the right way to come on this forum, well done, you made us Canadians proud.

If you hang around this forum for any length of time, modding will become second nature seeing as your bike is already modified.

Last edited:
Back