New Lid

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
I've been in the market for a new helmet for a couple of months now and I tried on a LOT of helmets.  Cycle Gear had the best selection (one for you Marc)  I had an Arai Quantum S and the padding in the forhead is almost gone and it starts to hurt after about an hour of riding.  I settled on a KBC Racer 1 because it fits my egg shaped melon.  The helmet fits the crown of my head really well but I had to get thicker cheekpads.  I took it to the KBC warehouse in Burbank and they exchanged them no problem, and even threw in a tinted visor.  Cool!  Speaking of cool, it was hot that day and this helmet has the best ventilation I've ever felt.  And it matches my bike.
A pic:

Helmet_Front.jpg

Nice one bud. How much $? I got mine about a year 1/2 ago for $180 I think. I like it its the VR-1. But the bottom of my ear starts to hurt after a couple hrs though, not sure why, it doesnt seem to be pinched. How can I get in touch with the KBC wharehouse?

Pict0035.JPG

Thanks Brennanop! Hey Hawaii! NEVER sit your helmet on the gas tank like that. The gas fumes will erode the foam lining on the inside. Experiment. Take a styrafoam cup and sit it over the top of some gasoline and watch what happens. Just looking out for you brother. I used to do it too... Not anymore.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Nice one bud. How much $? I got mine about a year 1/2 ago for $180 I think. I like it its the VR-1. But the bottom of my ear starts to hurt after a couple hrs though, not sure why, it doesnt seem to be pinched. How can I get in touch with the KBC wharehouse?
I'm at work right now when I get home I'll post the number for the warehouse. This lid cost me around $300.

Anytime Marc!!

Wellll...I don't need a towel just yet. I paid $40 more for mine.

Hawaii, the number for the warehouse is:
818-526-7771
730 North Mariposa St
Burbank CA 91506

Ask for Ken and mention Crago Racing or Matthew and mention you saw it online at Hayabusa.org

Nice lid, I've got an VR-1 which i think is a great helmet dollar for dollar. I just tried on a Shoei X-11 for the 2nd time today, and if all goes well buisness wise. I'm gonna make that my next helmet.

Thanx for the input Brenn. I'm in the market for a second helmet myself, but just don't know what to get. I currently have the Shoei RF900 Blade (silver/grey of course), and it's pretty cool. It fits great and is real comfortable. It just doesn't seem to vent real well though. I've tried every different combination of adjustments to the vents, but it fogs up real bad at night and in the early morning. I had to stop wearing my tinted shield because of this. Works great only during the day. And please don't tell me about the anti-fogging agents because that sh^t doesn't work. Now I did hear something about using a coat of your own saliva is supposed to work. Haven't tried it, but I have heard that it works.

Brian

Back