new helmet

briXXer

Registered
i finally got it. the xr1000 diabolic from europe.. a friend's mother that lives in berlin picked it up for me and came to visit her son and brought it with her for me.  its totally wicked looking up close. the only difference that i can see between the xr1000 and the rf1000 (and i could be wrong) is the face shield. the xr has to little plastic thingies in it to attach an inner shield for anti fog. i dont remember seeing them on the rf1000 i tried on. heres some pix.. u cant see them in the pix but there are some like ghost stars in metallic blue in certain spots.

<!--EDIT|briXXer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080445675 -->

pretty sweet man.. i like the blue in the back.. really makes it stand out.

and a question on helemts while im at it.. all these graphics from the factory.. how do they do it? they dont really hand airbrush every one do they? do they have machines do it? even that wouldnt come out perfect every time. would they? some of them get pretty intricate... soooo HOW DO THEY DO THE GRAPHICS?
rock.gif
?

and a question on helemts while im at it.. all these graphics from the factory.. how do they do it? they dont really hand airbrush every one do they? do they have machines do it?  even that wouldnt come out perfect every time. would they?  some of them get pretty intricate... soooo HOW DO THEY DO THE GRAPHICS?
rock.gif
?
They just leave the helmets out in the garden overnight.  Then at midnight, the little Airbrush Fairies show up and bang them out under the moonlight.  The Next morning the Shoei employees harvest all the freshly painted shells, finish up the construction and ship it to your door.

What?

Actually I know that a lot of the manufacturers use what are basically decals, laid carefully then clear coated.  Sometimes, if you look really close at some of your helmets you can actually see the patterning of the print.  But, as printing technology continues to advance the images get better and now make it hard to detect the difference between a printed appliqué and actual airbrushing.  If you look real close you can still see some patterning sometimes.

Rev

Back