Are the Shoei Spectra shields any good?

scottybusa

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone had a chance to try out the spectra face shields for the shoei helmets? I'm thinking of trying the blue one with my rf1000 helmet. Is it tinted so that I wouldn't have to use sunglasses? and if so, is it very dark? Any input would be great!!!!
cool.gif

I have one, they are not that dark but, they do not match the busa blue very well. I ended up taking mine off after I had my helmets repainted.

Shield.JPG

When I had my Shoei I really loved the Iridium Blue visor I had on it, kicked butt.  Best part was that the tint itself wasnt very dark and I could ride at night with it real easy and safely.  Now it was awhile ago but I imagine you wont be disapointed.  The visor was also very durable.  Wash with dishsoap and blot dry with a soft towel and it should last and last...

Oh and you really shouldn't ever need to worry about sunglasses unless you are especially sensitive to the sunlight, or you are going to be doing a lot of running around without you helmet on.

Rev gives em' two thumbs up.  Even at the $80 I paid for it.  Good stuff...

Arai's Version is very nice as well, but Arai's visors are not as durable as Shoei's and the tint is just dark enough that I cannot really ride at night with it...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082852775 -->

Arai_Re_Entry1sml.jpg

I would buy McTrull's from him if he is wanting to get rid of it, looks like it is in good shape...of course assuming he still has it...

You can get an idea in his photo of how dark the tint is, not horribly dark but when I was using mine like I said, I never felt the need for more.

Back