Shoei spectra face shields

Loomis

Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Registered
This is a probably a dumb question. I just purchase a BLUE spectra shield, has anyone ridin at night with one. Does it make it hard to see at night, Im thinking I should bring my clear shield with me for a night ride.
Jon(Loomis).

It's like wearing a smoked-tint face shield at night. I got caught enough times without a clear shield, and it SUCKED! I carry a clear when I am doing all day rides.

OK, I figured that. Thats what Im trying to avoid. Thanks for the heads up.
Loomis.

Best visor I like at night is either the Yellow or Orange Hi-Definiton Visors that Shoei makes takes away from the glare of oncoming headlights but helps improve vison.

Definitely keep the clear one on ya just in case
thumb_up.gif

I ride with the Arai iridium one at night all the time, but I do not believe it is as dark as the Shoei.

I don't suggest doing it unless you are just commuting or something and know the road very well (which is my situation).

I need a new helmet and I am going with the top of the like scorpion. I had $450 shoe's and arai's all my life and I can tell a scorpion has the same safety and comfort as they do for a lot less. The reason I am taling about this helmet is that it comes with cheek pad pump ( you can pump or deflate the cheek pads for comfort) and an integrated sunshield, which effectivly switches between smoked and clear windshields with the flip of a switch. Very nicely built. No more carrying or swapping windshields or getting caught in the middle of a canyon with a smiked windshield at 8 at night
biggrin.gif

I have the spectra, and I can ride right up until sundown, then the definition starts to get a little fuzzy. That's when I swap out to my clear. During the day, though, I find a pair of sunglasses underneath the spectra makes everything work for me. I don't like squinting when I'm riding into the afternoon sun is all. Got to keep an eye on all the cagers....
coolold.gif

Back