New Hayabusa

Road Dog

Registered
Hello.

I drive a -99 Busa here in Finland and I'm new in this forum.

(This was mentioned just to explain the mistakes and problems that I might cause and you might find in my writing. =))

The question I have is that has anybody heard anything about the Hayabusa in the year 2004? I think it would be very strange if Suzuki stayed with the same model without any major upgrades for the sixth year!

My problem is that I am going to do some changes with the bike next winter, but I'm not sure if I want to change it for a new one or just install a Turbo on the old one. Both would ofcourse be nice, but I totally can't afford it. =)

Thanks for any information!

-Pete & Busa

HayabusaColorSmall.jpg

Hello Pete and welcome to the board.
newbie.gif
As far as the 2004 model I don't think there is going to be any real big changes but I'm not sure. It would be nice if they did.
jump9.gif
I think the 2004 is supposed to come out in Sept. So we are all hanging in limbo til then.

Hello Pete and welcome to the board.  
newbie.gif
 As far as the 2004 model I don't think there is going to be any real big changes but I'm not sure. It would be nice if they did.  
jump9.gif
 I think the 2004 is supposed to come out in Sept. So we are all hanging in limbo til then.
Thanks! =)

Can You tell me another bike modell that has had so few changes in 5 or 6 years?!?

I'm not sure what there is to improve, but ofcourse I'm not getting paid for building bikes! =)

-Pete

Welcome to the Board Road Dog.

I think the Honda BlackBird hasn't changed much since it's introduction.

Lets see, I think the Kawasaki Concours is into it's 12th year? Realitively unchanged?

I think Suzuki may just sit and let it ride until sales numbers start to fall... When a Bike develops a Cultish following of sorts it seems the manufacturers are loath to mess with the formula too much.

I would like to see something new and exciting but I am not holding my breath. I would say hold onto your current Busa until we have proof of something new and different and then see what you want to do.

Again welcome!
smile.gif

I think the Honda BlackBird hasn't changed much since it's introduction.

I would like to see something new and exciting but I am not holding my breath.  I would say hold onto your current Busa until we have proof of something new and different and then see what you want to do.

Again welcome!
smile.gif
Thanks!

It's true that the Blackbird seems to bee quite the same. Was it in -99 or something they introduced the fuel injection, but that's probably the biggest improvement on the bike. The Kawasaki you mentioned I haven't heard of, atleast not with that name. Maybe they are selling it with a different name here in Europe...

Aren't they still producing the Yamaha V-max, that's probably the oldest model still alive. =)

If there are no major changes I will keep my old one. I must say that this is the first bike I'm really satisfied with. If I had alot of money and could buy almost any bike I'm still not sure if I would change the Busa. The only problem is that alot of others have discovered the same thing and I can daily see several Busas wherever I drive. I would prefer driving something abit more unique. =)

What do You think, what would be the next step? Is there any? =)

-Pete

Welcome to the board RD.
I'd turbo mine before I bought an 04 no matter how different it is......but that's just me.
Oh......I don't think you can delete posts......you'd hafta ask the admins to remove it for you.
beerchug.gif

two words; V MAX, old as grandmas undershorts, remember the tire burning commercial as a kid ,still cool though. btw love the red and black( Unique enough for the states) keep her!

HP

two words;  V MAX,   old as grandmas undershorts, remember the tire burning commercial as a kid ,still cool though. btw love the red and black( Unique enough for the states) keep her!

HP
That's true about the V-Max. We don't have commercials with bikes in Finland, but the shops and magazines are full of VERY old V-Max bikes. But are they still producing them?!?

I like the red/black too, but the problem is that due to very high taxes and expensive bikes the -99 ,which was the year of the red/black, is the most common Busa here.

But I'll just have to wait and see. There is only one Turbo Busa in Finland that I know of and it seems more and more interesting every day, but it is not cheap, and I want to do it properly. We have about 2 months of driving season left here, but I will keep You up to date what happens after that! =)

-Pete

rd, i think this is the last year for mr max not 100% sure though.(they said that 5 years ago) oh and i had a magazine that talked about a school in filand or sweden that rides busas on frozen lakes to teach sliding techniques, just put about 300 screws in those new pilot sports and you ride yearround.
thumbs-up.gif

Tervetuloa joukkoon! (=welcome aboard)
smile.gif
Itsekin tässä odottelen, mitä vuosi 2004 tuo mukanaan!

Pete & '03 Busa

Tervetuloa joukkoon! (=welcome aboard) :) Itsekin tässä odottelen, mitä vuosi 2004 tuo mukanaan!

Pete & '03 Busa
Kiitos, kiitos. =)

Sisäinen kamppailu käy kovana, Turbo vai uusi pyörä... =)

-Pete & '99 Busa
Yep, Exactly what he said...... :tounge: Just kidding,
Welcome to the board,
I really doubt they are going to change the busa, from what I'm brought to believe it costs a fortune to "setup" a bike...that is change an existing model to something different needless to say to create a new model is a fortune times 10.
Suzuki's been hitting the nail on the head so to speak for a while now, according to me they did change the 1000 this year So I really doubt they will change the busa also in the same year, also I have a haunting suspission that Suzuki changed the 1000 only cause either Honda or Kawasaki is coming with a Suzuki GSXR 1000 beater & before they do Suzuki has released the reworked 1000 that now clearly is better than teh previous model.

Dont know if what I wrote makes sense but it's my .02 cents
& it is late........

year So I really doubt they will change the busa also in the same year, also I have a haunting suspission that Suzuki changed the 1000 only cause either Honda or Kawasaki is coming with a Suzuki GSXR 1000 beater & before they do Suzuki has released the reworked 1000 that now clearly is better than teh previous model.
Hello and thank You too!

That is true what You said about the 1k Gixxer and the changes thay have made on it. It would be interesting to hear some sales numbers on how many 1k Gixxers and Busas are sold each Year. There must be ten times more 1k bikes sold than Busas? Who would want a heavy, out of date and ugly bike like this?!? =))))

Maybe I'll just stay with my old one and make the modifications myself. Do it Yourself and get what You really want, or something like that... =)

-Pete

Back