Did Suzuki loose a customer?

Do what you gotta do but I'm keeping my Busa.
cowasocky.jpg

Oh geez' argument....I also considerd a ZX12..for a while....I like what i heard Mitch Boem talk about the tester he had for awhile...anyway...The Busa with with it's heft--massive torque--awsome speed---rider and passenger comfort with Givi top case with back pad to lean against..bar risers...tall screen...adds up to one excellent machine..wish you were with me yesterday..I was solo..doing our awsome Spooner Summit road...all i can say is "whatta bike"
True story any person who knows how to ride well could have blew by me on a stock 600-750-100 gixxer...Duc could have blown by me but i was fast enough anyways to be in big trouble..
and believe me when i say the Busa is plenty fast in highspeed sweepers..."so stable" my .02 :super:

PS. It's not ugly, but it is not a Hayabusa
It's not ugly.....

Says you....

I was once again faced with true CONFUSION after reading the intial post .
True confusion is what takes place inside the human brain , when one's mind has has to overcome the body's basic desire to choke the living shi7 out of some a$$hole who desperately deserves it .
kiddin'

My mom was a very intelligent lady , she often reminded me that everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how fugged up it may be .

I sure miss her .

Facts,figures,numbers,tests,blah blah blah....

Ride anything you want....choose a Kawasoggy if ya want.
You may have come to the wrong site with an' advertisment for FeDX,I mean the Z-wrecks, the .....

You want a test that really matters....put the two sideXside at yer local beach . See which one:

GETS THE CHIC's.....

I rest my case . (of twelve cold one's on the ground,next
to my Busa , THEE nastiest beast on
the block)

Have a good 1........hopefully that SHED-X12 wont hold you back too much .

hav a good 1...RSD.

In 1999 Suzuki introduced probably the best bike in the world, at the time at least. From the first introduction and test drive I read and from the first glance I got of the bike I knew that would be the bike I owned one day. It took some time, about 4 years, but as some of the readers of this board may remember it finally happened in June this year, I got my first Busa.

This was ofcourse a big deal for me and because the Busa was the first bike for me in several years it felt amazing. Could there be anything better? Didn't know at the moment for sure.

After several thousand kilometers, days and weeks on the Busa I got the chance to try out a knew GSX1000R. This led to the fact that I wasn't sure anymore if the Busa was so superior in comparison with these knew and very much improved bikes. After this test drive I got to try a R1 and loved it even more than the 900 Ninja. Ofcourse almost all of the big touring bikes FJR, ZZR1200 etc. felt great and modern too. Believe me I've tried them all!

I live in Finland but flew out to Italy and Milan to watch the big Bike exhibition just to see the new and hopefully improved Hayabusa, still the bike of my dreams, atleast by the looks. I hope You can imagine the dissapointment when I see the bike and the "new" improvements that are limited to a ****** light switch and some ugly colors?!?!

I don't know what to do anymore. The ZX-12R has more power, handles better and feels alot more "Modern" with digital meters, 200mm rear wheel etc. compared to the 5 year old "we don't care about you lovers of extreme bikes" Busa. The driving position is a little bit harder on the driver, but not that much that I was afraid of and the spare parts and maintenance for the Kawa are alot cheaper and faster here in Finland.

Regardles of all this complaining my problem is quite simple:

The ZX-12R is a better bike, but the looks of it is nothing compared to the Good old "no compromise" Busa. Still I am a tech freak, and a very much lost one. I understand the Suzuki attitude, but I hate it and I would like to give my vote to someone else...

-Pete

To be or not to be...

Easy solution, buy a zx12 and get used to admiring the Busa from behind....

kawis do not have the build quality of suzuki...
Somehow I missed this post.  I think I must have scanned past the picture of the leg-humping dog and figured I've seen too many pictures of ugly girlfriends, but do you care to elaborate about how "kawis do not have the build quality of suzuki"??  :super:  

Steve
the ZX-12 is already "built" to its extent,
the ZX-12 fit-and-finish is terrible,
the ZX-12 has very little aftermarket support,

need I go on? :drink:

need I go on?    :drink:
Well, yes actually, but on topic this time please.

The first criticism I can understand without having to agree with, the second is entirely subjective and the third is moot - The issue being build quality.

The statement was made the the Kawi lacks the build quality of the Suzuki. The state of tune of the engine and the supposed lack of aftermarket support have absolutely nothing to do with build quality.

Still listening...

Steve

Ok, my 2 cents...

The 'Busa is the most versatile bike when compared with just about any other bike.

You can slam it and race it at the drag strip.
You can take it stock to the track and race it all day.
You can zip through the local canyons, or ride it all the way to Vegas and zip through those canyons.
You can add any combination of touring luggage to it and carry your wife or girlfriend to anywhere you want to go.  And THEN zip through those canyons.
You can turbo it, or put it on the bottle, or both, how fast do you want to go?
We've had board members go from coast to coast (U.S.) on it in just 3 weeks.  (zipping the canyons all along the way)
We know this because we have people here that do these things.
Pacemaster rides all over the place with his luggage and his wife.  Doc rides all over the Southwest and has a turbo too.  Cache races his on the dragstrip.  Ninja is fast approaching the speed of sound on his.  Lo's is painted, chromed, lowered, and she RIDES that bike.  Me? I've ridden the 300+ miles to Vegas, zipped around the canyons there, blistered the dragstrip at 130 mph, (cache is laughing) and then went home. Cruiser, canyon carver, and drag bike all in one week, on a stock bike.

Read the numbers, the 'Busa is STILL the fastest, and as you said, the power is ON from the minute you let go of the clutch, no waiting.

So keep the 'Busa.

It's not ugly.....

Says you....

I was once again faced with true CONFUSION after reading the intial post .
 True confusion is what takes place inside the human brain , when one's mind has has to overcome the body's basic desire to choke the living shi7 out of some a$$hole who desperately deserves it .
                       kiddin'

My mom was a very intelligent lady , she often reminded me that everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how fugged up it may be .

I sure miss her .

Facts,figures,numbers,tests,blah blah blah....

Ride anything you want....choose a Kawasoggy if ya want.
You may have come to the wrong site with an' advertisment for FeDX,I mean the Z-wrecks, the .....

You  want a test that really matters....put the two sideXside at yer local beach .  See which one:

GETS THE CHIC's.....

I rest my case .  (of twelve cold one's on the ground,next
                              to my Busa , THEE nastiest beast on
                            the block)

Have a good 1........hopefully that SHED-X12 wont hold you back too much .

hav a good 1...RSD.
Thanks RSD, I have been checking this post, waiting for your reply. You always have such an eloquent way of phrasing things. (Read humorous, acerbic - no bull sh!t)

Sounds like someone has been reading too many magazines....

I did like the Grudge Match article that once again, stated the busa was fastest.

Just one question for ya Road Dog:

Have you actually ridden a ZX-12R? They feel kinda... i dunno. "dinky" to me. Like a toy. Nothin beats the torque of a busa. (at least I haven't ridden it yet IF it exists)

To each his own, for me I'll keep my busa.

need I go on?    :drink:
Well, yes actually, but on topic this time please.  

The first criticism I can understand without having to agree with, the second is entirely subjective and the third is moot - The issue being build quality.  

The statement was made the the Kawi lacks the build quality of the Suzuki.  The state of tune of the engine and the supposed lack of aftermarket support have absolutely nothing to do with build quality.  

Still listening...

Steve
Still listening?:super: Nice...

Here's a thought, I went and looked at a 12R before deciding on a Busa, I really liked the 9R I had ridden a few times so I thought yeah OK...
Well, while looking the thing over I notice body panels that do not fit correctly, specifically the pillion cover. Not just on one sample but both 12's in the show room, I asked the dealer WTF is up with all the crooked parts? He says, "They are all like that." Oh OK... Looks are subjective, a personal choice, but body panels that have variable gaps throughout are not. While I support Kawasaki employing the Blind in the assembly process, it may not be to the 12R's advantage, walk around one in a showroom, you'll see what I am talking about.
Lets talk about switch gear, I have always disliked Suzuki's for their cheap feeling switch gear...well I am all better now because I have found someone who does it worse. Let's talk about finishing of your instrument panel and the surrounding areas. Busa looks very nicely finished; the 12R has the same wires and headlight assed up view as the 9R. Important for performance? Hell no, but it sure does add a nice finishing touch.
Still listening? Good, now how about either not including your personal attacks on others in a discussion, or if you are playing, include a motie or two so it's apparent. Sarcasm and jabs translate poorly into text.

A couple of other thoughts sort of standard I suppose...

- Busa if nothing else, for better or worse, is unique looking, my wife says it looks muscular, menacing in black I think...
12R, Looks like everything else...
- Busa has accessible power everywhere, especially down low and mid-range, where 98% of us spend most of our time. 12R from what I have heard has a really cool top end rush, but how Kawasaki managed to build a peaky 1200cc motor is a mystery.

Finally who really gives a rat's ass? Seriously, we're all out there riding to have fun. So who gives a damn about a 1/10th of a second this way or that? We ride because it's a passion, something we got to do, all of us. So are we going to stir a pot of hatred in out own sport bike community? I mean hell everyone else already hates us as a group, why stir up more of it? When I run into a Kawasaki mounted rider out in the sticks I do not give a damn what he or she is riding, I am just happy to find someone else out there having fun...

Before i got my busa i wasn't realy sure what
bike to get so i dicided to get 03 HD WG but
after seeing "BIKERS BOYS" the movie i got me
a busa and very happy with it.and yes got rid
of the HD.

Go on and buy a bike that looks like all other bikes... Buy an alarm to put on it so you can know where's your ZX12 in the middle of the ZX6s, ZX10s, R1s, R6s, CBR600s, CBR900s... They all look alike when you get to think about it. There's nothing like the mighty Busa! And yes, I hope Suzuki will introduce some more high-tech to the bike, but hope they will NOT CHANGE the Busa's design NEVER (and i trully believe they will leave it unchanged until the end of production, just like the amazing TL!)...

Back