New Guy's Story

Later on you really will find a hard time regretting this mod... http://www.rccturbos.com/index.php/...2008-230-hp-hayabusa-stage-1-turbo-kit-detail

Thanks RYC - I'm totally into FI and I am eager to slap that kit on my bike, but I may have to wait a bit as I have a 350Z that is paid for that desperately needs a supercharger. The kit you presented is the one I shall compare all others to when the time comes. One thing at a time - I only have a two-car garage. Besides, all the crazy guys are telling me to get to know the bike first - I know, crazy right? I suspect by next riding season (yes, we bikers living in the northern states have a riding season) I'll be looking up videos of the install so I can move on that upgrade.

Update: Well guys, I've made the leap and can now call myself a proud Hayabusa owner. I simply could not pass up the deal the local dealership gave me - 13K for a brand new 2016. Now comes the worst part, waiting for delivery. They said it would be a week or so before the bike was delivered and prepped, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas; it's killing me. I can't tell you how excited I am.

My daughter also came home from her BCT/AIT training last evening; yesterday was a good day.

I chose the Matte black/Grey. I'll post pictures within ten minutes of getting home with her. The red/black was tempting, but I decided I'd kind of like to go with the "murder" look for once instead of going flashy/shiny like all my other bikes. I like shiny bikes, but it's time for me to step outside the box (especially when it comes to this bike in particular).

I'll start a new thread from here out because I feel I'm on to a new chapter of this adventure. I feel honored to consider myself one of you guys. I'm still green when it comes to sport bikes, but I aim to change that over the next several months.

Update: Well guys, I've made the leap and can now call myself a proud Hayabusa owner. I simply could not pass up the deal the local dealership gave me - 13K for a brand new 2016. Now comes the worst part, waiting for delivery. They said it would be a week or so before the bike was delivered and prepped, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas; it's killing me. I can't tell you how excited I am.

My daughter also came home from her BCT/AIT training last evening; yesterday was a good day.

I chose the Matte black/Grey. I'll post pictures within ten minutes of getting home with her. The red/black was tempting, but I decided I'd kind of like to go with the "murder" look for once instead of going flashy/shiny like all my other bikes. I like shiny bikes, but it's time for me to step outside the box (especially when it comes to this bike in particular).

I'll start a new thread from here out because I feel I'm on to a new chapter of this adventure. I feel honored to consider myself one of you guys. I'm still green when it comes to sport bikes, but I aim to change that over the next several months.

If you take pictures with the reflectors and mudflaps still on it your banned.
take that poop off before you post new pictures up. Congrats

Too funny, LOL. Okay, I'll do that. I'm quickly learning protocol around here. Thanks for the tip, Shade. I'd hate to come across as a dork.

No reflectors, quiet exhaust, and a switch to turn the lights off while the bike is still running.
Safest way to ride is like your're invisible.
I figure I might as well look the part too.
No particular reason:whistle:

Congrats sir. You are a patient man. I don't think I could buy a bike and then have to wait for days to get it delivered. Shoot, I bought mine and they had to go pick it up at their other dealership that is 1hr away and I was getting frustrated waiting for them. Lol

Last edited:
just saying pmr makes great switches... like for breaking ground wires to lights etc...among other add elec
pmr.jpg
components

You enjoying the wait for delivery :)
I hate waiting for crap. Tell the dealer to overnight that bike.

The wait is killing me. I'm all over the Internet looking at videos, reviews, corny Twist of the Wrist movies, and reading books that will help me focus my attention on the proper riding techniques of these superbikes. I have two gorgeous women lined up on different days to give me a ride to the dealership depending on the moment I get the call (the wife can help me on Tuesday and Thursday - my daughter will help the other days). It is a beautiful day right now though and I have a couple of bikes begging me to take them out so I can temporarily relieve some of my anxious anticipation. Minnesota dealerships are not allowed to do business on Sunday so I can't even go bother anyone there.

Back