New to it all

davfett

Registered
I have never owned a bike and have been given different advice on buying a Busa.  I am 26 and have never owned a bike.  I plan on taking a safety/learning course before getting my license, but I cannot decide what to get.

I have the means to buy a Busa, and quite frankly do not really want any other sport bike (I'd probably go cruiser otherwise).  I just love the looks and size of the Busa, but I can't really see spending that much cash on a bike and not have exactly what I want.

I'm not the kind of guy who will go out and be a real ass on the bike, and I definitely respect the power (I have a 9 second Mustang, so I'm used to driving something that can blow everything else off the road).  My main question is, is it stupid to buy this as my first bike?  

I have been told both answers by people I respect (one a sport bike guy who said I should just get what I want because I'll just want to upgrade anyway, and one cruiser guy who said it was too much bike to start with).

What do you recommend?  Just looking for some info from those who have rode the bike.

This question gets asked quite a bit, but I would have to say no! Get something to learn and get a little experience on and then move up. Am I saying that you couldn't handle a Busa as your first bike, no, but why not get the feel for riding on something less expensive to take care of.

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

Get what ever YOU want...ya can kill your self on any type motorcycle if you want to be stupid.

Check on insurance first...can be $$$ for a Busa
wow.gif
taking a safety class would be a good idea
wink.gif

Busa was my first bike and I have had no problems with it. Good luck with whatever you decide. Welcome aboard

Well driving a bike and a fast car are still two different animals, take the safety course. I wouldn't start on a busa as a first bike but thats me. Sounds like you have the funds, get a used bike, use it for a couple months then get a busa. Sounds like you can wait.

Welcome to the Madness!

Good luck on your decision; you will find that there are mixed feelings on whether or not the Busa should be a 'first' bike.

Listen to the opinions; use the Search button - there are many threads on this topic. Read some of the other posts. Ultimately - the decision is yours...make sure you make an informed one and you'll be happy!

You can answer your own question with this . You said you have a 9 second mustang right ? Would you think this would be a good first car?

get an old cheap bike just to learn on. Most of the time you can sell those for just as much as you bought them for. That keeps you from making newbie mistakes on a new bike. Once you get it down, go buy your busa.

I can't believe this question is asked so often...

If you were to learn to drive a race car, would you try to learn your basics in a formula one car? If you want to learn how to fly, do you takeoff in an F16??

I think the answer to that question says it all. You don't learn SCUBA diving doing deep night dives, you dont learn how to run before you learn to walk, why would you want to learn driving a motorcycle on a heavy missile?
rock.gif
??? I DONT GET IT

Of course you're free to go ahead and take it easy, respect the bike and bla bla bla... But before you do, take a look at how many Busas get lowered by beginners... And start your search right here in the forum!

Sorry if i displease anyone, but its my humble opinion.

I'm wit zef... Take the MSF course, buy a beater to start with, ride it for a year/season, and then IF you still want a BUsa, get one and RESPECT it above all alse.

Seems like you've already got some good advice.....................

So I guess I'll just welcome you to the board..........
smile.gif

Just depends on the rider, Busa was my first bike 01 Blu/Silver.  
000_0012.jpg

Until a Lincoln Towncar decided I should have a 04 LE  :o)
Just be extremely careful..

Back