New Guy here...

Hey !  I was there for the Fall Funny Car Classic (man did that suck) and there was one Busa racing - or should I say running away from the pack (9.4's or 9.5's as I recall), and no wheelie bar.  I don't know whose it is, but if you were racing it had to have been you...   :cool:  I know I know, my powers of deduction are astounding...

Steve
why did it suck?
Waaaay too small a field of cars and they didn't even run that well. I think there were only 8 - only 2 of them ran well, most were in the mid 7's and some couldn't even pull that, lots of partial runs - and they (Woodburn) had to talk a couple of the Vintage guys into filling in the field, bringing it to a total of 10, as I recall. The fastest car of the day (I went Saturday) was the unblown nitro dragster, NOT one of the Funny Cars. Add to this the fact that they (Woodburn again) were running way behind schedule. That would certainly be understandable if the field were absolutely full and they were having problems getting all the cars worked in, but with only 10 cars it just shows a very badly managed program and ... well, it just sucked. At this point, with the bad taste still in my mouth, I don't plan on going next year. I'd MUCH rather spend my money on the regular drags.

Heck, the old slingshots were the best part of the day and they weren't even in the billing! And that chick with the rotax powered dragster spanking everybody in sight, now THAT was funny.

I still don't know if we're going to be going tomorrow, but if we do then I'll be sure to look you up.

Steve

Back