Limited Editions Differences

poops

Registered
I love the all black Busa's - 02 US Limited Edition and the 03 Canadian Limited Edition.

Whare the differences between the two of these limited edition bikes. Are there parts/functions that the 03 LE Canadian bikes have the 02 LE US bikes did not?

Thanks for all insight.

poops

03 has nitride coated forks. 02 doesn't
reads kmph rather than mph
different color Kanji...03 copperish, 02 silver/chrome
03 has different colored calipers Goldish colored/02 is black

03 Busas have the "upgraded" starter assembly, a big +

All I can think of right now...

here is a pic, if you zoom in at the bottom you can see the cosmetic differences...

Everything BusaFever said but

03 has the blacked out lower forks

03 is actually a darker Black(no blue flake)

02 has some kind of Blue flake(sparkles in paint)

Josh
cool.gif

Canadian bikes can be had cheaper due to the better exchange rate!
biggrin.gif

I paid $9,016 OTD for mine(brand new)!
smile.gif

Hi, everyone there can anyone tell me which is the best among them?like speed,reliable,problem free(i mean less problem)and ect.....1999yr is the best which is the 1st to come out rgt???can anyone tell me?

02 Has NO Blue Flake, NONE. It's dark as coal... Sorta wish there was some flake in it really...

Otherwise Busafever nailed it. The 02 starter problem is fairly hit or miss but it is a concern, you can spend a $100 or so and ensure that your straight though.

I have an 02 SE and I do suffer from Fork envy. I would have really liked to have the blacked out fork lowers but then again I get black calipers. Sort a 6 one half another ya know.

Otherwise bikes are identical.

02 Has NO Blue Flake, NONE.  It's dark as coal...   Sorta wish there was some flake in it really...
I don't mean a FLAKE, like a candy color has.

I mean it has something else in the paint besides a regular Black. It isn't sparkly like a metalic is though.

If you get them side by side, you will see what I mean.

The 03 is just a tad bit darker!

Hi, everyone there can anyone tell me which is the best among them?like speed,reliable,problem free(i mean less problem)and ect.....1999yr is the best which is the 1st to come out rgt???can anyone tell me?
They are all *about* the same.

They did do some updates between the years but I would just go with a 2003 or newer.

The only reason to buy a 99/00 would be the 220MPH gauges and it's the only OFFICAL years it wasn't restricted but that's it.

You can un-restrict a 01 up+ in about 5-minutes. Via TRE, resistor, etc.

I would still go with a NEW bike if you plan to keep it for a while.

Josh
pirate.gif

02 Has NO Blue Flake, NONE.  It's dark as coal...   Sorta wish there was some flake in it really...
I don't mean a FLAKE, like a candy color has.  

I mean it has something else in the paint besides a regular Black.  It isn't sparkly like a metalic is though.  

If you get them side by side, you will see what I mean.  

The 03 is just a tad bit darker!
Um...So it's not sparklies, it's not flake, it's just that the 03 is a Blacker Black?
smile.gif

Yeah, I dunno, The 02 black is a pure simple black though, no additives at all.

Tell Ya what, Hop on your 03 and get the hell on down here while the weather is still perfect. There are not any 03 SE's here in the Tampa area. Then we can line them up properly and have a look. Hell I'll buy ya a beer.

Back