Anyone use these gloves?

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I am buying all my gear before my bike (which is in the next month or two, drool, drool, drool), and found these on sale at New Enough for $129. MSRP is $249, anyone have these and if so what is your opinion of them? Held Kryptons, by the way.

Kryptons.jpg

There one of the best gloves on the market!!! And very comfortable!
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

Never heard of HELD, but they seem like a comfortable pair of gloves according to pic.

I have this model of Held glove. It is their top of the line racing glove. They fit one size smaller, so if you measure a 9, get a 10..

They are incredible! They are a tough glove and when you wear them you will feel secure. Once they are on your hand and secured, they will not come off in a fall. I have unfortunately tested them and they are rock solid. I survived with no damage due to equipment failure. I have busted my left wrist twice in the past trying to brace in a fall, but still seem to put that hand out in a fall. With this glove, the wrist is stiff and limits movement and the gauntlet is rock hard. When I touched down with this glove, it held tight and saved another nasty break.

They are made of kangaroo, the palms are very supple and you get good feedback compared the leather.

They do require a few rides to break in. Their venting is only on the wrist and gives hardly any relief from the heat, you will sweat in these gloves, but the dye does not come off on your hands.

I am on my third pair, I just bought them as well from newenough.com when this sale price came out. You will NOT find a better glove in the world at this insane price!

That is dirt cheap for a world class glove man POUNCE! Held loves are amazing. Once you try em you'll wonder how you rode without em.

$129 is a great price, but let me offer a little input. After researching gloves, reading reviews, etc...it sounds like Held gloves are not what they use to be - Quality has been reported not to be what the Held's were once known for.

Check out Helimot. I got my 365's and they are awesome....but if you want Roo skin, check out the H-20's. Helmut is the owner of Helimot and use to sell Held gloves, but sounds like a lot of racers started getting a little upset with the Held reduced quality, so Helmut designed and started making his own gloves, which in several people's opinion are superior to Held.

Helmut keeps some Held gloves around in his shop for people to try on to compare to his Helimots, and he lets the user decide. Anyhow, do a little research, Im not trying to push you one way or the other, but it is a lot of cash, and just trying to help you spend your money wisely.

Helimot Linky

F-108 Helimot Glove
f108_400x287.jpg

H-20 Glove
h20_red.jpg

Buffalo 365 Glove
_wsb_350x262_1727891-100_0033.jpg

Not very familiar with these.  They look pretty dang solid though!  I just bought some new gloves myself....Alpinestars GPS-Plus

<!--EDIT|Saxoplay
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148915693 -->

gpplusgloveblack_main.jpg

Thanks everyone for the feedback, especially BusaTom for the actual product review. I've spent a lot of time on Mustang boards and I love having so many people to compare notes with, there's almost always someone who has been there done that.
smile.gif

For protection the only other glove I'm debating is the Icon Timax2. Looks absolutely confidence-inspiring, anyone driving these right now?

Back