New guy here

DJTJ

Registered
Hi all. My name is TJ and I live up in the great white north of Canada. Toronto specifically. GREAT forum you have here. I have learned TONS in the past few days. I have been riding for approx 2 years now. I purchased a 2008 Harley Rocker as my first bike, and have really enjoyed riding. A couple weeks ago we went on a day trip, with a mix of Harley's and sport bikes. We hit some twisty roads, and the sport bikes were gone, leaving me in the dust. So last week I went to the dealer and bought myself a busa. I pick it up this week. So excited to jump into the sport bike world! I got an 09' black and gold. As I was browsing the forums, and learning as much as I can about the bike, I had a few questions.

- The kickstand mod. Is it better to do this, or just buy a whole new kickstand? If its better to buy, which one is recommended?

- I know every noob probably asks this, but here goes anyways. I would like a good looking, loud exhaust. I think I have narrowed it down between the Tsukigi and the Hotbodies megaphones. If I get the Tuskigi, can I just get the slipons? Does anyone know which set would be louder? Coming from a harley with vance and hines, I really like people to know I'm around.

- Any more "must do" mods? I know I will be getting the double bubble windshield, any more?

Thanks in advance, and look forward to being able to contribute to the forum more in the future! :bowdown:

:welcome: to the org, and grats on your new ride! Just take your time and get to know your new steed (pushin' too hard in the twisties could result in a bent up bike or even worse). Oh, and where are those pics?

As far as the kickstand mod is concerned, I have an 08 and haven't had any problems with the stand, but from what I have read this mod def wouldn't hurt. I'll let the others chime in about exhausts etc, since I'm pretty much still stock myself (although I do like the Puig Z-Racing double bubble windscreen).

D

I myself have a 08 busa and never had a kickstand problem as for pipes i ran a voodoo system and the bike ran strong and no other mod's needed and it sounds sweet i picked them up from all things chrome ask for ( daniel) he has lots of info about 08 & 09 busa's and now i moved on to a turbo and thats even more sweetier i love my 08 busa :welcome: still trying to finsh for next so calif bike show

012.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited:
:welcome: to the org. do a search you will find all the info you need to make a good buy. as far as the twistys grow whith the bike first, its easy to get in over your head on a busa.. oh and how about those pics :rulez:

pm Trekfuel (Lonni) he is pretty much in your area too...tell him you wanna come down to the next bash with him, he may have some space on his trailer for you

:welcome:

Here at Team McCoy when you decide we can hook you up with all your Hayabusa Sportbike needs.

Hayabusa Kickstands: Kickstands - Tobefast

Notes: We have more Hayabusa Kickstands than anyone in the industry. We can get all makes for your bike.

2008-2008 Hayabusa Exhausts: Motorcycle Exhaust - Full Exhaust - Slip On Exhaust Systems - ToBeFast.com

Heads UP: We can get any Exhaust you would like even if we don't have them on the site

2008-2009 Hayabusa Windscreens: Motorcycle Windshields - Motorcycle Windscreens - ToBeFast.com - McCoy Motorsports

We can get the Hotbodies and the Zero Gravity also...and many more

Hope this helps:

Team McCoy MotorSports
ToBeFast: Motorcycle, Streetbike, Cruiser and Offroad ? Parts, Accessories and Apparel Superstore
Phone (606) 432-1556
Sales@tobefast.com

Back