New Here

MikesGSX1300RK9

Registered
I started riding a year ago, and will be moving up from a Ninja 250 to the 'busa. This will be my first new bike, and I decided on a Busa because 1) it is what I want and 2) smaller new bikes are still within a couple thousand of the Hayabusa's price. It doesn't make financial sense to me to go to a 650 or higher now, only to go to a Hayabusa within a couple years anyway. Would prefer to spend the money only once and use good judgment and common sense while riding, just as I have done with the 250.

Suzuki's financing deals are rather attractive right now, too.

I am interested in knowing how many different models are available, and what options are available. Dealer says Hayabusa's come just one way, except for color, but I'd seen something about a Busa with antilock brakes (may not have been a U.S. model and I have been unable to find such an option on bikes I've seen). What is the going price, currently? (I'm being quoted $13,400 for a white one).

Have read some of the posts here and it appears as though most folks are pretty even-keeled around here. Good deal. I look forward to learning more about he Hayabusa here.

Thank you,

Mike

:welcome: and the dealer told you right. Except for colors all are the same. No ABS available. Prices are ranging from mid 10s to msrp+. Shop around for the best deal in the area you are willing to travel and buy in.

Just so that you know white is the SLOWEST color offered!!:laugh:

:welcome: Mike and if you ever need anything I'm just a PM away .
You will find this to be the cleanest most straightforward and respectful site anywhere .

Thanks, guys. I'm kinda surprised, honestly, by the demeanor of most folks here. Have met some real unpleasant motorcyclists... so good to have some level-headed folks here.

Not sure I'll have any luck talking dealer down in price... I've never known a motorcycle dealer to want any less than MSRP on a new bike. Any shops that will deal in FL?

Thanks again,

Mike

:welcome: aboard! :hello:

Yeah, definitely shop around. If you're willing to drive, contact the dealers in your "travel radius". Some dealers just won't "deal". Others will be happy to give you an "out the door" price that is very attractive.

I don't recommend the BUSA for your second bike but if it's what you decide, BE SAFE! :thumbsup:

Make sure you call your insurance company first and shop around for that before you buy also... ;)

Price, you can find under MSRP VERY easy. At this time of year you should be around $12k-11k or LESS....OUT THE DOOR (all fees, tax, tile, etc. included)! :beerchug:

:welcome: Mike,

the dealer is right, no ABS on the Busa yet but the European spec comes with an anti-theft key, Im not sure if you could find it in the US but thats the only diffrent thing on the models (beside some European are restrickted to 100 bhp or so!)

I also suggest shopping around. Even though the Busa is a great bike, NO ONE is really selling a whole lot of units. Look around and waiting would be your best bet. Find a nice new left over 2008 (maybe) or 2009 and wait till the fall when the 2011's are supposed to be coming. You may be able to get a good deal, 10k or less, on a 2009 because suzuki didnt ship any 2010 busa's to the US.

Good info... I'll take this with me to the dealer tomorrow and see if they'll negotiate. Trying to put a good chunk of cash up front (thanks to recent Iraq deployment!)

Good luck with your shopping. You should be able to get the fastest color (white :poke: busabret) for less than msrp. Oh and :welcome: to the org!

Welcome and I would add that not only is the Busa offered one way except color, but there is no difference between an 08 & 09 (there isn't an American 2010 model). Basically a new Busa is a canvas, it's where you go from there that defines the bike really.

You'll want pipes, probably a power commander and then you'll have to decide whether you want a show bike, drag bike, or fast touring bike. That will determine what's next.

As a newbie, remember these things and you'll be ok:

1. The busa is the fastest, most powerful bike you'll ever wrap your legs around. Never forget that it can kill you.

2. Fast bikes don't kill people, idoits kill themselves.

3. It's easy to go fast, its hard to stop and turn at speed. Practice stopping and turning in a safe place. Never go faster than you can control the bike in populated areas or around cars. Good skills lives, practice practice practice.

4. Cars are the enemy. Never trust a car or the pin heads behind their wheels.

5. Get all the training you can. Take the safety course if you haven't; take advanced riding classes, read books like "Twist of the Throttle", and try to ride with more experienced riders - and learn from them.

6. Don't take silly risks. A complete idiot can come up with $12K to buy a busa, there's no test you have to take.

7. Check your equipment everytime you ride (especially tire pressure). Learn your bike, understand it, how it feels when things are right and more importantly when there're not. Don't skimp on maintaining it. Blow in a tire on a car it will ruin your day, blow a tire on a bike it will ruin your life.

Of all the bikes I've had the Busa is one of the easiest to ride. Take your time and ride with your head and you'll enjoy one of the greatest experiences available on 2 wheels.:beerchug:

Last edited:
The best deals I see are on eBay .
Maybe think about buying one and having it shipped in to you ?

Just so that you know white is the SLOWEST color offered!!:laugh:

:cookoo:

Thanks, guys. I'm kinda surprised, honestly, by the demeanor of most folks here. Have met some real unpleasant motorcyclists... so good to have some level-headed folks here.

Not sure I'll have any luck talking dealer down in price... I've never known a motorcycle dealer to want any less than MSRP on a new bike. Any shops that will deal in FL?

Thanks again,

Mike

Don't let the stealerships fool you, go to cycletrader.com, find a competitive price. Print that out, if they can't match that, walk away. I'm pretty sure there are a few shops in FL that will give pretty good OTD prices. Also, OTD price is the only number you should care about. Who cares if they will sell you a bike for 10k when they want 1k in "dealer set up."

:welcome: aboard! :hello:

Yeah, definitely shop around. If you're willing to drive, contact the dealers in your "travel radius". Some dealers just won't "deal". Others will be happy to give you an "out the door" price that is very attractive.

+1

I also suggest shopping around. Even though the Busa is a great bike, NO ONE is really selling a whole lot of units. Look around and waiting would be your best bet. Find a nice new left over 2008 (maybe) or 2009 and wait till the fall when the 2011's are supposed to be coming. You may be able to get a good deal, 10k or less, on a 2009 because suzuki didnt ship any 2010 busa's to the US.

Who can wait that long!? :lol:

Don't let others scare you, if you've been riding a 250, you will do fine with the 'Busa. If your skeered, use C mode :laugh:

Welcome to the madness! Take your time and find the bike that you want whether it be a Busa or not. This is a great place with lots of information, so feel free to ask questions. No factory options for the Busa - they all come the same except for color. Plenty of aftermarket stuff for it though.

Suzuki of Sarasota is not that far, check with them, they gave me a sweet deal on my 08...Busa is alot heavier than the 250 and the power, well you get the picture, be very careful! Oh yea, :welcome: to the ORG!

Best I've gotten within my search radius is $12,900 out the door. Dealer seems reputable. Another deal I looked at was $10,800 for the bike and $12,300 out the door BUT after delivery or my time/transit to their shop, and due to their financing (did not have 0% for 60 months) it would have been a wash...

Anyway... Not sure if I'll buy today... can wait a little longer if I need to. Will go look at the bike and see if dealer will drop just a tad more.

Back