New Guy Checking In

Hey fade, glad to see another Texan on here, maybe you can show me some really cool places to ride when I'm in Katy area, much love from Port Arthur
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

thanks for the pics........

The Mrs. has a good looking bike too

to the Site !

Isn't a HOUSTONITE complaining about the cold, Kinda
wink.gif
like our Florida guys complaining about 60 F weather
laugh.gif

Congrats and welcome! The pics saved you from the flogging that was coming!
biggrin.gif

(DaCol. @ Jan. 29 2007,19:00)
to the Site !

Isn't a HOUSTONITE complaining about the cold, Kinda
wink.gif
like our Florida guys complaining about 60 F weather
laugh.gif
I don't care where you are - 39 degrees with a North wind of 10 to 15 mph is cold on a motorcycle!
SHOCKED.gif

Not too cold to ride mind you, but cold enough to wish I had inner glove liners! My fingers were COLD!

Welcome to the site! I'm Paul.

If you have some time off. Come on out to the Busa bash in April at Deal's Gap. There's usually some guys that travel from your direction. Maybe you could hook up and meet a bunch of us. Were all good people.

(GMbusa @ Jan. 29 2007,23:29) Welcome to the site!  I'm Paul.  

If you have some time off. Come on out to the Busa bash in April at Deal's Gap.  There's usually some guys that travel from your direction. Maybe you could hook up and meet a bunch of us. Were all good people.
Thanks for the invite Paul. The wife and I are in the planning stages for a long ride this year. Deal's Gap is certainily in the running.

(FadeTwoBlack @ Jan. 28 2007,17:24) Just another new guy checking in - ya'll can mark my card as present. Picked up my 'Busa last Monday. Only had a chance to ride it home 9 miles before the rains hit. Most of the week was a washout, but it didn't matter much as I have to work anyway. But it cleared up on Thursday and we had two beautful "chamber of commerce" style days in a row. But, here again - I'm at work.

Friday night rolled around and here came the rains again. Looked like I was going to loose Saturday as well. But by noon the clouds parted and the 'Busa started to roll. Took a run up to what we call Racer's Road for a 60 mile break in run. Weather was beautiful.

Today's ride included an SMR with a round trip of 140 miles. Weather this morning was awful - dry but very cold and pretty gusty winds. But the lure of the ride was greater than any discomfort that might be felt. So we went anyway!

Had a great time, even got to let the bike loose a bit. As far as I can tell with 209 miles on the clock, this bike IS a destination bike.

Here's me with the new gal in my life...

BusaDaddy.JPG
Nice ,welcome!!!!
cool.gif

Back